Eror when i select gtx780

Bryan

Hey,

I want to buy he Alienware 17 with gtx 780. When i select the gpu i get a error that i need to select the correct power cord in the link provided

http://configure.euro.dell.com/dell...del_id=alienware-17&c=nl&l=nl&s=dhs&cs=nldhs1

However there is no link?!

What is going on? And how do i report this to the right people? They need to fix this asap. I check last month and i got the same error. Now 1 month later the error is still here...Also i life in Holland but i could not find any DELL/Alienware forum in my language. I hope you guys can understand Dutch :confused:

Sarah

Hi Bryan, and welcome to the forum :) The UK site has the same issue but I just managed to get it to work and show the correct power supply and cord. There was an orange link titled "compatibility alert" which when clicked scrolls you to a view that shows the various power cords. Select Power Cord (Euro) and the scroll up and select 240W Power Supply, even though it is already selected. Just click on it and it will register it and fix the compatibility alert. Then click close and the add to basket button should be active :). Note, you may have to use the compatibility alert link twice in order to select the 240W power supply (updating the cord sometimes closes the option box). Try it and hopefully you'll get it to work :)

Bryan

Hi Bryan, and welcome to the forum :) The UK site has the same issue but I just managed to get it to work and show the correct power supply and cord. There was an orange link titled "compatibility alert" which when clicked scrolls you to a view that shows the various power cords. Select Power Cord (Euro) and the scroll up and select 240W Power Supply, even though it is already selected. Just click on it and it will register it and fix the compatibility alert. Then click close and the add to basket button should be active :). Note, you may have to use the compatibility alert link twice in order to select the 240W power supply (updating the cord sometimes closes the option box). Try it and hopefully you'll get it to work :)

Hey Sarah,

Thank you for your reply. It seems that they fixed the error, it no longer shows when i select the gtx780 so i could not try your solution. I do have a question:

When i look at my basket i see that there is a Power Supply 240W adapter with a Cable UK 250V Power Cord.
I dont have much knowledge about power cables and such but it automaticlly selects the UK powercord and i dont see any option to change it. Why doesnt it select an EU powercord? Will a UK powercord cause any trouble?