EVE Online?

Eirreann

One of these days I'll give it a try... you'll have to wait until I get my rig, though.

dnvr.dsz

It Was Pre-Instaleld In My Previous M11xR3 Never Tried It Though So Whats It About?

Checkmate

It Was Pre-Instaleld In My Previous M11xR3 Never Tried It Though So Whats It About?
It's a really big space-based MMORPG.

It's unique that its just one big server unlike other MMOs that "load-balance" by having different servers to control # of players. No need to ask friends who play Eve: "Which server are you on?". Unlike WoW or SW:TOR, where you can be on one of dozens of possible servers.

Also, the other thing that I like about it is the "sandbox" concept. There are no pre-defined scripts or anything like that. You are totally free to do whatever you like.

AeonSoul

Yeah someone like a mod or Tommy could move this thread in its own section now :D

RoBi1475

I played Eve for a while a few years back. It is a extremely well put together game. The one server setup is brilliant. The player run economy is more stable the the current US economy. It truly is a formidable game. The only reasons I stopped playing was the fact the you don't get a actually representation of your avatar, which is a major buzz kill for me cause I am kind of vain like that. And the openness of it all was overwhelming EVE is the most sand boxy MMO in existence. Which can be kind of a double edge sword because it is fantastically engaging for fans of the sandbox experience, but really overwhelming for people like me who prefer a tradition linear MMO experience.

That being said EVE space battles are epic to watch.

also quick question have CCP went live with walking in station yet?

Checkmate

There's only walking in the Captain's Quarters. No walking into the actual public areas of the station yet. :(

Belon

I played Eve for a while a few years back. It is a extremely well put together game. The one server setup is brilliant. The player run economy is more stable the the current US economy. It truly is a formidable game. The only reasons I stopped playing was the fact the you don't get a actually representation of your avatar, which is a major buzz kill for me cause I am kind of vain like that. And the openness of it all was overwhelming EVE is the most sand boxy MMO in existence. Which can be kind of a double edge sword because it is fantastically engaging for fans of the sandbox experience, but really overwhelming for people like me who prefer a tradition linear MMO experience.

That being said EVE space battles are epic to watch.

also quick question have CCP went live with walking in station yet?
theres a lot of improvement now..the walking station is live now..u can control your character when u docking at the station...u can customize your character..and lots more features..

yikes81

i was going to play EVE online, but the problem is that the game rewards the people who have been online the longest. even when not logged in, you gain points. considering how old the game is now, the people who have played since the beginning will have the most advantage.

i read that all you can do in the beginning is mine in order to make money. and the most money is made out in the out rings of space where security is thinnest, and therefore you are susceptible to pirates.