Extending warranties on the M17x r4

shankc

Dec 26, 2012
UnitedKingdom
Hi I was just wondering about extending my warranty. It doesn't run out till December but I was wondering 1- is it worth it just I've heard that if you pay over £2000 and if anything goes wrong within a couple of years under some law you can take it threw the small claims court if anything goes wrong but how true this is I don't know. 2- will Dell/Alienware contact me before my warranty run's out or do I have to contact them and ask for extension. 3- does anyone know roughly how much it will cost a year in £ pounds sterling Thankyou very much for reading and I much appreciate any and all advice

forJAT

Aug 7, 2013
Austin, TX
Well I cannot talk to the 2 year warranty claim but here stateside I do not see that holding water. The extended warranty will have to be something that will be a decision that you have to make. The question is is it better to have paid for something and not need it or not have paid for something and then need it.
I don't know the pricing of extending a warranty outside of the initial order. BUT I have read posts when I was researching about situations where parts were no longer available and AW told them to buy it off of ebay or another 3rd party.. How much truth that is I do not know.
Pesonally I ordered the 2 year extended warranty on mine. I had heard if you ordered the extended warranty you got better parts. but spending 2k on a laptop and the warranty only costing 150 or what ever it was I did not see the problem in doing that. 2 years allt he parts should still be available and after that tech should be ready for an upgrade.

shankc

Dec 26, 2012
UnitedKingdom
Thanks forjat I see where your coming from I think I will extend it just for peace of mind. As you say its best having it. Hopefully I won't need it but it could cost me a lot more if I don't extend it and something goes wrong thanks bud

Last edited: