Fake Books vs Real Books: Anyone Own a Kindle or Nook?

WaLkAwaY

Call me a traditionalist, call me a nostalgic. I cannot wrap my head around the idea of these two items: Kindlehttp://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Wireless-Reader-Wifi-Graphite/dp/B002Y27P3M, Nook http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nook/index.asp

I like the feel of the book, the way the pages feel, the sound they make when you turn the page. The smell of books, new for that printing press smell and old for that smell of fascination and adventure. I like the weight of the book in my hands, I like getting a first copy, hard back book decades old and dissecting the information, sometimes wondering who might have read it.

So does anyone own the two items linked above?

If you do, why?

Do people like fake books or real books more?

Dantheman221

Sometimes, you dont have a choice :D I tend to buy books online now cause my house burnt down and most of the books that were collected over the years are gone now -__- It was a huge collection! So yeah, its always nice to have a copy on a hard drive or sd card so if anything goes wrong, you can always have your book safe :D

AeonSoul

Neh, I like reading books in the old fashioned way, it's just a plain diferent story.

Eirreann

I'm with you there! I've tried reading eBooks, it just isn't the same... the content doesn't change but I get tired and uninterested faster when I stare at a screen...
Paper & Binding forever!!

Eirreann

Sometimes, you dont have a choice :D I tend to buy books online now cause my house burnt down and most of the books that were collected over the years are gone now -__- It was a huge collection! So yeah, its always nice to have a copy on a hard drive or sd card so if anything goes wrong, you can always have your book safe :D
Oh wow, that sucks!!! Now I'm going to go arange all of my books in a metal safe; you've made me paranoid.

Dtrtwing

I now do all my reading on my Ipad. I also find that i seem to read more this way because my Ipad goes with me everywhere. So when i have nothing else to do i can pull out the Ipad and read a book.

Org

I use a Kindle.

It's cheaper (most of the time and 100's of freebie books) takes up less room and can keep small children quite (simple games/app's).