test

few niggles m11x r3 issues

arcarnum

hello one and all im quite new to the gaming laptop scene, built previous rigs in the past for desktops but took the plunge and bought myself a m11x r3 on ebay from a reputable seller, I have however had a few issues and im quite paranoid about them

main issue is the wifi it says online on dell that its fitted with a bigfoot killer wireless 1103 card but the driver installed is a realtek wireless wlan 8188ce and ive checked the card there is no indication of a bigfoot card with this in mind it will connect to a network but about 10 minutes in it will disconnect and not be able to find any networks it intermittingly works so ive had to resort to a usb wifi reader.

im a little paranoid about the gt540m I play eve online and even though ive whitelisted it on the nvidia control panel it still only shows the intel card whereas when I run gpu id I can clearly see its being used.

the guy who I bought this off has said he hasnt put a bios pass on here but it seems there is one, he may have forgotten but is there a default one for the m11x r3?

last but not least on cpu id I just wanted to confirm it will only show 2 cores and 4 threads therefore it only shows 2 physical cores being used.

If anyone could help me with these issues id be so grateful ive been tearing my hair out apart from this its a absolutely gorgeous laptop in pristine condition!