Finally a owner!

Hallda12

So ive finally bit the bullet and bought myself the Alienware 17 with the upgraded screen. After a bumpy start with installing drivers that wasnt needed and getting confused with the split graphics button i can say i am impressed.

The only thing i could say is i regret not going for the 16GB of Ram as alot of the time its running at 45% usage. Can anyone suggest a website for the replacement RAM? Also will it be easy enough to replace? Just clip the back off sort of job?

MiLoLaMb

If you have 8GB Dw about upgrading. If you want to get some get Corsair Vengeance. FYI there are 2 ram stick drives under your keyboard as well.

Hallda12

Mine isnt exactly slow but it does sometimes feel a little clunky. Could just be to windows 8 though as im used to my i7 Desktop that runs windows 7.

GunPowd3r Guru

I'm getting the 32GB one as well in 2 weeks time, was wondering how does it hold up when doing heavy multitasking like using sony vegas streaming in hd movies, watching nba and nfl game pass all at the same time.

Nathan

i find 16gb is totally okay for everything, i use windows 7 - i attribute the super fast speed running multiple apps to the ssd's as much as the RAM. My wife uses a similar set-up but with windows 8.1 & only x1 ssd & i find mine runs a bit qiueter with no issue - you can hear the fans a bit more on hers and the speed "seems" slightly slower - i haven't measured this - this is down to perception.