First Alienware Purchase, Score or Fail?

Hello everyone! After bouncing around from site to site, forum to forum I have landed here. I'll try and make this short and sweet. My neighbors had a yard sale maybe 2 years ago and I purchased this giant purple Alienware P2 owned by their daughter while she was in college. The yard sale host kept telling me how much he paid for it years ago and I did the usual back and forth haggling and I purchased my first and nearly fully working Alienware desktop or worse car scenario a giant purple shed for my riding mower. This thing is HUGE. The only thing the owner wanted to keep was his daughters hard drive. Fine. Purchased for $100.00 cash. I had thoughts of having a cool rebuild project with my son but instead I got a divorce. She got the house, I got joint custody of the kids and sole custody of the purple P2. It sat in the closet for years until last night for some reason I took it out. It's in near mint condition, not a scratch I can see on it anywhere. I vaguely recall toying with it, there's a 250 SSD and extra video cards that were def there originally. There is no RAM currently although that's the only thing it's missing I believe. Can anyone tell me some thoughts/opinions? Side Note: I am a gamer but mainly PlayStation Xbox and I haven't done much of gaming since Diablo II, GuildWars days so long ago. For example: Would it be worth rebuilding into a gaming machine? What would something like that cost roughly? Would I be better off just selling it? What's it worth in today's market? Can I advertise/sell on here? I really am not sure I know the proper name of it even. Alienware P2 Aurora Predator Series or something? Thank you all in Advance for your help!IMG_20200826_160336.jpgIMG_20200826_155932.jpgIMG_20200826_160336.jpg15984725295134839589047775094080.jpgIMG_20200826_155932.jpgIMG_20200826_160336.jpgIMG_20200826_155932.jpg15984725295134839589047775094080.jpg15984726749885032759275083126880.jpg

MattyB

Mar 19, 2012
Adelaide, Australia
Welcome! No matter what you do with it, it was a great score for $100. I have no experience with these older desktops but there are a few guys on here who know what they're talking about. If it has all the original parts then you're in really good shape. The hardest part is finding spares for these

Reactions: Vondigital
Welcome! No matter what you do with it, it was a great score for $100. I have no experience with these older desktops but there are a few guys on here who know what they're talking about. If it has all the original parts then you're in really good shape. The hardest part is finding spares for these

Thanks for the input. Rather than a rebuild if I don't sell it as is I would prefer to upgrade it into a viable gaming machine. It maybe unrealistic but I'd like to not put in more than 500.00 out of my own pocket to do so.

One day I need to get one of these Predator 1 cases, have 3 Predator 2 cases but the real OG is the Predator 1. Nice color you got there!
After messing with it for the last 24 hours and coming to my senses a bit I am thinking I should just sell it off to someone such as yourself who could really appreciate it. I'm not the gamer I once was, in fact recently I was told by a teenager on Xbox live that "I was so bad at CoD I was ruining his gaming expirience". I won't type what my reply was but in all fairness the kid was probably right. If you or anyone else would care to make an offer on it or whatever steps need to be taken you will find that I am not greedy nor hard to deal with, just a washed up ex gamer who found a cool desktop at a yard sale haha. (Jessmop, Google me I'm famous lol. Biggest guild in d2jsp gaming forums history, 15 years and counting)

It does in fact have all original parts minus the hard drive. I even have the original keyboard and original mouse. Funny after posting this I picked up an ALienware x14 laptop. The owner said it was broken, I offered him $50 and it turned out to be an easy fix, i7, 8gb ram, 250 gb ssd

Reactions: MattyB