First time Alienware Owner

brash47

Feb 25, 2015
California
Just checking in.

I spent a couple hours at a local Fry's looking at gaming laptops. I compared MSI, Asus, and Alienware..they had just gotten the brand new ANW17 R2. The build and price blew me away, especially compared to the others. The build on the Asus was nice too....MSI, rattle box! Anyway, I've always wanted an Alienware computer....now I had the means to get it. Wow, this thing is awesome. I can't believe I waited this long to buy one! They matched the current $60 off that Dell was offering on the main site.

Its the base model ANW17 R2. GTX970m, Ci7 4710HQ, 8gb Ram, 1tb 5400 RPM HD, IPS Matte non-touch screen.

I bought a WD Black2 hard drive and put it in. I cloned the HD in a matter of minutes....I was able to do this because unlike everyone else, I discovered that Alienware doesn't fill your computer with tons of bloatware!

I just ordered a 16gb pack of Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1600 ram for it and a 512GB M.2 drive. I'm booting off the 120gb SSD on the WD Black2. I think this set up will last me quite a few years....

So, hello guys!

brash