test

First time (sorta) Alienware Owner

raynman

What's up y'all?
I'm so impressed with this computer I just got I figured I'd join an owners' forum. My god...I've turned into a fanboy.

Basically I'm an old fart. My first PC was a home-built Altair 8800. My second was a Tandy TRS-80-III with a grand total of 16KB memory. My most-recent (3-year old) laptop began biting the dust a few weeks ago and I decided I would give Alienware a shot (even considering I don't have the highest regard for Dell, primarily because of their pretty spotty customer service/support).

I'm now the very pleased owner of an Alienware 14.

A month earlier I bought an Alienware 18 for my son (a computer major). He was so blown away by it (and I believe he works from a greater knowledge base than my own...so he's much harder to impress), I figured I had to own my own to really understand.

I understand. Oh, sweet Jesus, I understand. (I'm not religious, by the way, I'm southern....call it a verbal tic somewhat akin to Tourette's).

Oh, goodness. You young whippersnappers have NO IDEA how unbelievable this thing is...to an ancient like me. Imagine someone whose first car was a Model T Ford....and just bought an Aston Martin DB9 Volante.

My drooler is broken. It won't stop. LOL!

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Welcome to AWO. I see Alienware is running in the family. ;) Also, thank you for supporting the site.

raynman

Welcome to AWO. I see Alienware is running in the family. ;) Also, thank you for supporting the site.

Hey, it's the least I could do. It looks like you've built yourselves a pretty sweet site.

R444PPY

Hi and welcome raynman I was the very same and still am a couple of months on even more so I'm just back from Florida and was still thinking of my laptop that when I went into the Florida mall headed straight to the oakley store and bought myself a laptop bag it fits like a glove for one of my toys