test

First time user

Lucas

Hey guys, I use Macs for 3 years or so, but I wanted some gamimg and high end machine. So I bought an Alienware, I should get it in 2 weeks. What are the first thing I should do? Like updtades on hardware/software?
Btw, I've read some bad reviews about issues with the new 17, any of u had any problem? Cause I'm from brazil, and i dont want to "try" the dell support here... :cool:

I really hope this machine makes me a pc user, lol

Sarah

Well my opinion so far on the machine is excellent. It is very fast, runs cool and looks stylish. But like all things you can buy, there are those who like and those who don't. And there are some who have a great experience with their purchase and others who regret the choice. But I think that the 17 is a superb laptop and I've enjoyed every second spent using it :)

Maelstrom

I would check for video card driver updates as soon as you get it. As well as the usual Windows and virus software stuff.

MattyB

Welcome back to PC land! You should be very happy here. :D

If you have any issues it can be good to try the people here first before contacting Dell. Most of us have gone through many of the issues associated with having these wonderful toys and unfortunately things do happen from time to time.

Definitely look for video card updates from NVidia first.

Lucas

Thanks Sarah! Did you have any trouble with yours until now? I bought one with the same specs like yours :DD

Sarah

Thanks Sarah! Did you have any trouble with yours until now? I bought one with the same specs like yours :DD

Hi Lucas :) My machine has been amazing so far and I cannot say anything bad about it. If your experiences are the same as mine then you are in for a real treat :) Enjoy it :)