test

Galaxy GTX 670 Vs EVGA GTX 670 FTW

MattyB

I'm thinking of getting another GTX 670. I originally got a Palit 670 but they are so god damn huge that I can't fit another one in if I want to go SLI.

I am now deciding between the Galaxy (which is basically just a standard reference card) or the EVGA FTW. There is $100 difference between them here in Oz. Is the FTW worth it or am I just as well off getting the Galaxy and overclocking it myself?

Everyone seems hung up ot the FTW from what I see around.

Maelstrom

There probably is a difference but I don't think that it would be worth $100. Especially since your going to be using two cards which mitigates any advantage that one has over the other.

MattyB

Yeah I can't see $100 in the difference but there may be something there which I can't see. Maybe they run cooler or quieter or something. Definitely leaning towards the Galaxy.

MattyB

Got annoyed at work today so made myself feel better by ordering the EVGA GTX 670 FTW.

Slight buyers remorse setting in................

...............gonna need a drink or 2 tonight.

Commy1

EVGA is a better company in my opinion. The the upside to the EVGA is they use primarily the tunnel cool unlike Galaxy which has the 'twin fozer' style cooling. Or is that asus? Whatever. The tunnel contains the heat and pushes it out the back where at the other just disperses it into your case.

yikes81

I'm not sure about one brand being better than the other. They all use the same chipsets when making graphics cards. Just go with the one that has a bigger fan.

Sent via Tapatalk

MattyB

I read a bunch of reviews and the FTW was definitely the card to get. I could have bought a cheap 680 for the same price but as Commy says, I like the cooling better on the EVGA.

sway

How much better is the 670 over the 660ti, im fixing to bite the bullet and I've been all for the 660ti. Honestly I think it's enough for me, may get the 3gb though bc im fixing to be gaming in 1440p so I need the extra vram.

tappin from the aokp running Nexus

MattyB

C'mon Matty just save up and grab a 690!!

Not a chance! Well, not yet anyway. It's the holy grail though. Maybe I'll wait for the 790!! :D

How much better is the 670 over the 660ti, im fixing to bite the bullet and I've been all for the 660ti. Honestly I think it's enough for me, may get the 3gb though bc im fixing to be gaming in 1440p so I need the extra vram.

From what I was reading the other day, they are both very similar cards. I believe the 670 will be the card to go for if you are going for higher resolutions from what I read. I'm sure you won't notice much difference though. Also, 'they' say that the 670 will be better for running multiple monitors.

sway

Not a chance! Well, not yet anyway. It's the holy grail though. Maybe I'll wait for the 790!! :D

From what I was reading the other day, they are both very similar cards. I believe the 670 will be the card to go for if you are going for higher resolutions from what I read. I'm sure you won't notice much difference though. Also, 'they' say that the 670 will be better for running multiple monitors.

That's what I was thinking, im def not gonna be running multiple monitors with the x51 with the resolution I'll be at and one card.

I think I'll be better off with a 3gb 660 ti than a 2gb 670, def not dropping the paper on a 4gb 670.

MattyB

I think you'll be good. I'll probably get a second 670 FTW at some stage.

Let us know how it goes.

sway

I heard some of the new stuff coming out is gonna run the limits of the gpus out now. Cryengine 3, unreal engine 4 etc... Guess I need to future proof now.

yikes81

I heard some of the new stuff coming out is gonna run the limits of the gpus out now. Cryengine 3, unreal engine 4 etc... Guess I need to future proof now.

Just great. I need to buy a new Alienware now ... sigh

MattyB

Just about to pull the trigger on a second GTX 670 FTW :eek: :eek: :eek: I hate being bored at work.

sway

Just about to pull the trigger on a second GTX 670 FTW :eek: :eek: :eek: I hate being bored at work.

Uuuggghhhh I'm trying to get my first. I have money just wanna use the extra i get from what i need to sell.

tappin from my note ll

MattyB

Just think about how happy you could be right now after you press Confirm on your 660ti order! Do it!

sway

Just think about how happy you could be right now after you press Confirm on your 660ti order! Do it!

Oh no I'm not going 660 ti or I'd already have it, I'm getting the 4gb 670ftw. That's a bank buster, plus i just got my new phone soooo gotta wait a lil longer.

tappin from my note ll

MattyB

Put my second FTW in today so now I'm one of those SLI guys. Here's a weird one though. The first card I got came in a FTW box but the card itself had no FTW markings on it. The new card does however. It has slightly irritated me. They are both running at FTW clocks but you wouldn't know the first card is one. Here's a pic to show you what I mean.IMG_0696.jpg