Games based on movies

Irving

Do you have any games based on popular movies in your computer? What is your favorite, if any? I haven't found many worth to play games based on movies.

Eirreann

Like you, many of those games end up being pretty cruddy; however, the games based off Alien Versus Predator have all been pretty good! I at least really enjoy them! I also liked the game for The Fellowship of the Ring...

Yeah, they haven't made good games based on movies. I don't really get into the type of games anyway. Some friends said that the games based on Harry Potter movies are worth to try, but I haven't tried them myself.

ThatOldGuy

Doom, Street Fighter, Prince of persia, and Resident Evil.... Wait a second, I think I got that backwards :rolleyes:

But seriously, I think Left 4 Dead series is heavily based off of Dawn of The Dead, and is a great game. Not too many others, but plenty of great games based off books.

ThatOldGuy

Oh... and lets not forget the hundreds of Star Wars games. Those usually come down to taste, but I really liked playing KOTOR 2 with the proper patches.

Eirreann

Of course, the Star Wars games can be really good! I can't believe I forgot about those!
And most of the Harry Potter games are good as well (especially the one based off of the 5th movie/book), however they are designed for a more "casual" audience, so they are harder for a hard-core gamer (like myself, haha!) to get into.

Dantheman221

Yes well, movie directors, aren't usually programmers :) And, they don't like selling their idea's and scripts to game dev's. Thats why there aren't a lot of good movie-based games. But yes, everything listed above, is probably the best its ever gonna get :)

Gravito

Yeah, I agree that Star Wars games are great games; they actually are my favorite. But I worry they are the only good games based on movies. The others are just mediocre. It's just me though.

WaLkAwaY

LOTR: BFME II was an excellent game, once you modded it to where you could have thousands of little dudes on the screen. Then you can setup epic battles.

Aliens vs Predator II was an awesome game probably still one of the best ones I have played. Actually the only game that has actually draw me in enough to scare me or make me jump.

I hardly know any good game based on a movie
most of them usually suck and the converse is also mostly true

VagrantXeth

As others here have mentioned, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic is an awesom game (for the RPG fans out there)

i also think that Chronicles of Riddick Escape from Butcher Bay is an excellent game, it pretty much flew under the radar but Starbreeze (sweedish publisher) did an excellent job with the IP, you should really give it a try.

Maelstrom

I think that there are exceptions but for the most part games made from movies tend to be really bad. Most of them end up being 3rd person action/arcade games that just don't have very much appeal to me.

AeonSoul

There ain't many games based on movies, if you exclude big IPs like the Star Wars franchise. And with few exceptions they all end up sucking balls. And that's pretty much the same if you want to talk about movies based upon games D: