Games on X51

VagrantXeth

So, what is the most graphically intense/demanding game you have ever played on your X51 and what kind of performance did you get out of it? (Wherever possible include settings that helped to improve your experience) As for me, the most recent game I have played on it (if you can even call it a game) was the Mass Effect 3 Demo with everything maxed out, no issues with it and the framerate seemed to be very good (don't know how to check that yet) I was running it on the i7 X51.

VagrantXeth

I think miron tried, just did not elaborate too much like Eirreann said. I wold like to know more deets, like system specs and settings. I think that would help people on the fence with making a decision on whether or not to pull the trigger on the purchase.

Sfynxx

The only games I have played so far is WoW and MW2, both run like a dream in perfect situations. Obviously server lag and connection can change it a little but so far no problems - am yet to try a more 'taxing' game :D

BlackJair

I dont own a X51, but Battlefield is the most demanding game i have played on my M17x R2. And Skyrim isnt that demanding s:

VagrantXeth

I just recently revisited Mass Effect (the original) on my X51. I had previously played and beat it on the 360 and I can tell you this, it makes for a whole new game in 1920X1080. I like the new sheen on an old favorite, its like a new coat of paint on an old car!

sway

I ordered my x51 last wed and getting it the 17th im stoked. I've got a custom built pc with an old amd quad core in it, and m11x...im excited to see what this can do.

VagrantXeth

I think you will definitely like it. I have had mine for a bit now am I am still in love with it. I find that I am surprised with what it is capable of. I have rediscovered gaming on PC again!

Mavin

I to have just rediscovered PC Gaming... ahh how I've missed it!

Anyway to answer the question. I have played Crysis 2 on Ultra at 1680x1050 and Starcraft 2 on Ultra/Extreme at 1680x1050. I bought the i5 with the GT 545 and immediately upgraded to a GTX 560 ti. The only downside was I then had to buy the 330W adapter for $99. But it is playing everything exceptionally well and SkyRim with the new 301.24 nVidia drivers plays 2560x1600 with everything set as high as I can set it.

VagrantXeth

That is awesome Mavin, so I guess the 560 ti did give you a noticeable difference then. I have been looking into upgrading the GPU and quite possibly the RAM as well but have been on the fence. Looks like I will have to give it my full consideration just so I can take full advantage of the graphical upgrade that a beefier card would afford.

Kracksn

hey sir,

where exactly did u got the 330W Power Suply? My friend just bought the i3 Version with 240W and upgradet it now but 240W is not enough.

Luckly i got the 330W on my Core I5, dont know why lol :p

h0tangel99

I have the i7 version and I've been playing Skyrim. It runs like crap on max (about 45 frames average) but on High is runs fine. (mostly 60+ frames)

I'm going to upgrade the gpu, though, in a bit.

VagrantXeth

I have thinking about a GPU upgrade as well, at first I was looking at the Saphire card by Radeon but more recently the Nvidia 670 FTW card looks like it will be what I am looking for. Good luck in upgrading your GPU and let us know how much of a difference it makes on Skyrim.

sway

hey sir,

where exactly did u got the 330W Power Suply? My friend just bought the i3 Version with 240W and upgradet it now but 240W is not enough.

Luckly i got the 330W on my Core I5, dont know why lol :p
I think you get the lower PS with the lower end x51 model, all the i5 and up comes with the 330w.

Sent from my Nexus 7 @ 1.6ghz

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
We should start a "Games on X51" list that has the game name, game resolution, settings, etc.