Gaming desktop for my son

shankc

Hey guys I'm thinking of getting a gaming desktop for my son. I have seen one on eBay and would like your opinion on this as to playing the latest games on a 20 inch 1080p screen. like will it play the latest games and at what settings and will I be able to upgrade the graphics card to a better one at later date. with pc part picker I tried a better graphics card with the motherboard and it said compatible but your opinions would be greatly appreciated. The games he likes playing are crisis,Hitman and far cry 3. here is the link
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fierce-Fa...Computing_DesktopPCs&hash=item1e8441ecef#shId
Thanks for all your help

Santo

These are some mid range specs. Definitely wouldn't go for anything lower than whats here for steady gameplay.
The CPU looks as though it would be good for all round pc performance, the RAM is about average for nowaday builds (but by no means a low amount).
As for the Graphics card (which you may well know is the main source of gaming oomph), it would be about minimum for a performance gaming system. It would be able to handle most games on at least preset HIGH settings, but I wouldn't expect ULTRA settings on all of the latest, greatest games of this year.
Also, there are cautionary tales of buying pcs from Ebay and such, so be wary. Keep your wits about you and dont get scammed.
Good luck Shankc and I hope I could be of some help.

shankc

Thanks Santo I managed to get him a VI box with 16gb of rip jaw memory a AMD 7870 GPU a 1 terabyte 7200rpm harddrive and a AMD A10 processor for the same price my son is over the moon with it and it stops him bugging me to use my Alienware lol. I think the Vi box is the name of the casing it has a digital temperature gauge and fan speed on the front and lights up red. I was worried about buying off eBay but I done my homework and it all turned out well so thanks for all suggestions and help I was given

crystal

nice answered Santo, I have the same view with you
buy.gif