gaming desktop

shankc

Dec 26, 2012
UnitedKingdom
Hi,
I live in the UK and I'm looking for a gaming desktop for my son. He doesn't need a top of the line one just a one he can play newish games on low settings and can upgrade to a better graphics card next year. I'm hoping to get one for between £300-£400. Could anyone tell me of any places/dealers were I could buy one pls help need it for his Christmas box. I'm looking on eBay but can't find anything decent for my budget

Maelstrom

Feb 25, 2012
Alabama
If you are willing to build the PC yourself then I can try web building you one and sending you the potential parts.

That amount in USD is about $500-$650 right? Just checking.

Edit: Does that price include things like the OS, monitor, and any peripherals?

Last edited:

MattyB

Mar 19, 2012
Adelaide, Australia
Don't forget to check out the Dell Outlet store in your country. I'm assuming the UK has one. You can get great prices on refurb AW systems. I have had a few things from them and they have always been great (with warranty too)

They may have good deals on some X51's if you're lucky!

shankc

Dec 26, 2012
UnitedKingdom
If you are willing to build the PC yourself then I can try web building you one and sending you the potential parts.
That amount in USD is about $500-$650 right? Just checking.

Edit: Does that price include things like the OS, monitor, and any peripherals?
Hi,
Maelstrom that would include an operating system but not screen or keyboard my son is willing to just connect it to his TV for now and I would be able to pick up a keyboard cheap enough as he would probably use a wireless Xbox controller for gaming. So if you could do that it would be awesome thanks bud.
I have had a look on dell outlet Matty but nothing at minute but I will keep checking thanks all for your input is much appreciated

- - - - - Updated; Consecutive Post Auto Merged - - - - -

Hey guys I have found a gaming laptop on eBay for a reasonable price its not the best garaphics card but I have a nvidia gtx 675 out of my alienware after I upgraded but I'm unsure if it will fit. Here is the link http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=171154659457
It would be excellent if it did as it just lying about doing nothing and it would save a lot of trouble hopefully. But a self build would be good experience as i want to build myself a gaming system but i need a new car before christmas so mine will have to wait. :(
Your help is much appreciated

Maelstrom

Feb 25, 2012
Alabama
Hi,
Maelstrom that would include an operating system but not screen or keyboard my son is willing to just connect it to his TV for now and I would be able to pick up a keyboard cheap enough as he would probably use a wireless Xbox controller for gaming. So if you could do that it would be awesome thanks bud.
I have had a look on dell outlet Matty but nothing at minute but I will keep checking thanks all for your input is much appreciated

Hey guys I have found a gaming laptop on eBay for a reasonable price its not the best garaphics card but I have a nvidia gtx 675 out of my alienware after I upgraded but I'm unsure if it will fit. Here is the link http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=171154659457
It would be excellent if it did as it just lying about doing nothing and it would save a lot of trouble hopefully. But a self build would be good experience as i want to build myself a gaming system but i need a new car before christmas so mine will have to wait. :(
Your help is much appreciated

That link doesn't work for me :(

shankc

Dec 26, 2012
UnitedKingdom
Hi maelstrom here is the specs Dell XPS M1710 in excellent working order with no hardware or software problem. Comes WITH ONE MONTH RTB WARRANTY . Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33 GHz T7600 with 4MB cache , 17" UXGA 1900 x 1200 Widescreen (better than full HD) , Wi-fi, 3GB Ram , New dedicated 512MB NVIDIA GO 7900GTX Graphics Card , Subwoof stereo sound, NEW 160 GB Hard Disk, SD Card reader, FX Lighting

MattyB

Mar 19, 2012
Adelaide, Australia
Your 675 will not fit in that machine unfortunately.

If you are going the way of an upgradable laptop, you should probably look at an M15x. They usually aren't too expensive and if he is going to be using the TV as a monitor then the screen size won't matter until he wants to go mobile. Even then, the 15 inch screen does the job and it's 1920x1080.

and your 675 will work in that one. I put a 570 in my old m15x with the help of a modded driver