Gaming From the Female Perspective

WaLkAwaY

Her desire to see characters portrayed in games like COD is sadly probably not going to happen. Although I do not see it as a stretch seeing as how most movies portray badass female characters that work in the SO community. Where I take issue with what she was saying is she does not address the biggest issue as I see it. The reason the gaming companies market that way is because there are not enough females that play games like COD or GRAW and to top that off they need to play it aggressively not camping in a corner using FMG'9 like a dbag.

I posted something similar on her youtube channel, but it probably will not get approved.

[video=youtube;6IH_BUIjPaw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IH_BUIjPaw[/video]

TL;DW = Shiz is messed up yo...

Eirreann

Interesting.... WaLkAwaY, would you ever consider making a video? I would be interested in seeing what you would have to say...

WaLkAwaY

Nah I have no time to do that. Plus I really do not believe in putting myself out there like that. And really society does not care, sure the fight has to start somewhere right however the plight of the girl gamer for me is really low on the list of things to stand for. Plus I just want to have fun while gaming I do not want it to turn into the PETA version of gaming because then it is not fun.

I made a Black Ops rage video though does that count?

Eirreann

Nah I have no time to do that. Plus I really do not believe in putting myself out there like that. And really society does not care, sure the fight has to start somewhere right however the plight of the girl gamer for me is really low on the list of things to stand for. Plus I just want to have fun while gaming I do not want it to turn into the PETA version of gaming because then it is not fun.
Well said, well said!

"I made a Black Ops rage video though does that count?"
Link it or it never happened. :D

Eirreann

Lol, why? Because I sucked so bad coming out of retirement or because I swear a lot.
Actually because of your level of profanity! People who I play FPS games with are either 1. Really really silent and "concentrated" (I still kill them plenty) or 2. Christian (which isn't a bad thing; but nothing sponsors motivation better than a couple of carefully-placed "F-bombs" and "A-holes"!)

Sfynxx

The way I see it is there is such a big "fuss" about gamer girls these days it's not funny...and slightly irratating! When people find out I'm a girl I get one of two reactions - 1) "No, you're not!" or 2) "Tits or gtfo". Ok, so there's more reactions than just those two but they generally land around either the disbelief that girls play games or they want us to prove it (joking, I'm sure, but still).
Numbers of girl gamers are going up and up but it's only because girls are starting to realise that they get a hell of a lot of attention from guys if they pick up a controller of some sort. I play games for the fun, not for the attention. I'd rather be called a guy and be allowed to own people in COD than be called/treated like a girl that's only doing it for the attention.

In summary - It's like finding out fairies do exist. They'll be locked up in a science lab and disected. I'd rather stay unknown and be able to enjoy my games than be surrounded by the "fuss" that being a girl gamer creates.

AeonSoul

In summary - It's like finding out fairies do exist. They'll be locked up in a science lab and disected. I'd rather stay unknown and be able to enjoy my games than be surrounded by the "fuss" that being a girl gamer creates.
This is a truth to be reckoned. Oddly enough, in my L2 days I had more fun playing with the girls I had in my clan (except when they were bitching with me about how other people were mean to them D: ) than with most of the other dudes. Playing with dudes at some point turns out in a dick lenght contest like "trololol im better than you".

On a side note: that girl voice is annoying xD

Last edited:

WaLkAwaY

I agree with her. While gaming the only people that know that I am a female are those I have talked to on Vent/Steam/TS other than that i am pretty incognito. As a matter of fact out of all the forums I belong to only 5 know that I am female and if Tommy had not given that fact away none of you would have known either. :)

Dantheman221

I agree with her. While gaming the only people that know that I am a female are those I have talked to on Vent/Steam/TS other than that i am pretty incognito. As a matter of fact out of all the forums I belong to only 5 know that I am female and if Tommy had not given that fact away none of you would have known either. :)
who knows, maybe we woulda found out eventually :)

WaLkAwaY

Never really comes up. I think probably because I have gotten so used to just playing and not having to worry about it that it is pretty much not even a thought. About the only thing I get happy about is when I am hunting campers and I corner one with a shield.

Dantheman221

Never really comes up. I think probably because I have gotten so used to just playing and not having to worry about it that it is pretty much not even a thought. About the only thing I get happy about is when I am hunting campers and I corner one with a shield.
I like being juggernaut xD Everyone shoots at you and you get free points! :D

Eirreann

On a side note: that girl voice is annoying xD
Well I prefer the "girl voice" over the "couch potato" voice any day! It irks me when someone is talking through a mouthful of crisps, I just want to... nevermind...