General Computer Question

Hey everyone!
So I'm the proud new owner of an X51 and I'm absolutely in love with it! My question though is actually a general computer question. I tend to always leave my computer on so that when I want to get on it I just start typing and I'm browsing the web.

Is it a good idea to shutdown my computer at night when I go to bed or is leaving it on okay? Thanks so much everyone! As most of you know, Alienware's aren't the cheapest of computers so I want to do everything I can to take the best possible care of this one. :)

JennyM

Jul 13, 2012
Ireland
I always shut mine down, even if I'm just going out for a couple of hours... energy conscious, carbon footprint 'n all that :p

The start up times are so fast that I don't see any benefit to leaving it on day & night.

Which brings me to another question actually - does anyone with the X51 have a white flash from the colour panels on pressing the power switch? Mine's always done it, but kinda wondered if that was normal... :confused:

I always shut mine down, even if I'm just going out for a couple of hours... energy conscious, carbon footprint 'n all that :p

The start up times are so fast that I don't see any benefit to leaving it on day & night.

Which brings me to another question actually - does anyone with the X51 have a white flash from the colour panels on pressing the power switch? Mine's always done it, but kinda wondered if that was normal... :confused:

They are rather fast hey, though I've find that installing an SSD makes it even better haha. =P

As for your white flash, I checked mine for you and it also does it when I switch it on.

TeddyH

Sep 11, 2013
Maine
I am also a new owner of a hopped up X51 R2, as a matter of fact I don't even have it out of the
box yet! :eek: I will unbox it tomorrow. Is there anything special I need to know other than don't drop
it and follow the quick start procedure?