test

Getting ready for Win 10

8*sectorb6

What are your plans.
These machines came with a win 8.
I've updated mine to 8.1.

I wonder though about the restore sector.

If we have to use it, will it still work after this win10 update?

I've we need to restore Because of system failure-will Dells restore work?

And what about Dells Assist program?

Tx

KillerBee33

What are your plans.
These machines came with a win 8.
I've updated mine to 8.1.

I wonder though about the restore sector.

If we have to use it, will it still work after this win10 update?

I've we need to restore Because of system failure-will Dells restore work?

And what about Dells Assist program?

Tx
NUKE it all, Keep your stuff on separate Drive or a USB , Stop using DELL software, Do a Clean Install of Windows and see it Fly , you talking Major OS reasambling with all the Upgrades and and Back ups , i cannot imagine how badly your system performs after all that.
Windows installation takes 20-30 minutes, constantly backing up, updating and upgrading is a complete waste of time.

Salvatuon

I wonder about the drivers. I have X51 R2 and wanna ask about Windows 10 drivers for our rigs. Will there be any driver for the new Win10? I looked for it on the Dell website but couldn't find any driver or news about it.

KillerBee33

Install ONLY Intel Chipset Driver from Windows 8 menu, the rest will be installed by Windows 10

recDNA

My X51 r2 came with Windows 7 in 2013 by my choice. Is there a step by step for upgrading to windows 10? I have no windows 8 chipset drivers since I have windows 7?

KillerBee33

Download 10 any version ISO or USB. Upgrade. Then Format HDD or SSD and install it clean. As soon as you connect to Internet it'll be Activated. When you first upgrade it registers with Microsoft on your PC!!! so every time you reinstall 10 it will be activated! Thats only if you still have Windows OEM installed , or even if you reinstalled from Factory Alienware Disc ever before. If you need the factory disc let me know

8*sectorb6

Well I have 2 X51, I did my x51r2 i5 with gtx 760. It took around 40 minutes and was VERY easy.(nothing like a Restore install)
This was great, I followed the very simple steps..NO problems everything
works like before....

I JUST let the update do its thing.... yeah!

KillerBee33

Well I have 2 X51, I did my x51r2 i5 with gtx 760. It took around 40 minutes and was VERY easy.(nothing like a Restore install)
This was great, I followed the very simple steps..NO problems everything
works like before....

I JUST let the update do its thing.... yeah!
Once you've Upgraded it Registered with Microsoft,,,,Now, NUKE it and do a clean install, it'll activate on its own! Intel drivers are on dell.com/support there are ONLY 2 Chipset Drivers for Windows10, so if you ever decide you want a fresh Windows instead of Upgraded Mess , those two are the only drivers you'll need to install. The rest will be installed by Windows.