got me another titan sc on the way.

holeyguy66

i found me another titan superclocked. this one is a signature series and i paid a little more then i wanted but considering it was the only evga superclocked that still had all its accesseries box and all included it wasnt bad. also working a deal out with the seller on some ek stuff for it. i hope i can get it. the block alone is 120 he is gonna sell the block the back plate and bridge for 120. so i aint arguing that at all

holeyguy66

Good deal..addicting isn't it..lol
its addicting alright. lol. it shows it just shipped. but i will tell you i wont pay that much for one card again. i like my titan but if im gonna run more then 2 im gonna need to cut cost. my wife will get this mobo cpu and my titans next year along with my 3 19s.

- - - - - Updated; Consecutive Post Auto Merged - - - - -

I need a Titan :(
man if you dont want a super clocked you can get a regular titan for 750 to 800. it isnt as overclockable as a 780ti but it will handle everything you throw at it. mine has taken everything and then some. i just think the dell psu's are not effecent enough with what all im running. the 1100 watt psu was for a short. till i started trying to push 5 ghz out of my cpu along with overclocking the titan. i think thats what killed it. o and the 1.5 amp 18 watt pump running at it max 4k rpm constant also. i am gonna try to get a good psu shortly and throw it in here till i gather the case and the other small stuff. then atleast i can transplant the titans in a bigger case with better power and cable managment.

Alienwulf

The Alenware PSU's are pretty good units yours might have been on it's last leg. I upgraded to a 1.2Kw but I am running two Mars OC'd and a i7 4670K OC'd also. I really would have gone with a different PSU if not for the lighting. Now I see you can buy the 10 pin cable on ebay for the corsair 1200. If it wasn't so much money I'd do it.

holeyguy66

o my mio runs off a 4 pin molex. i know the dell psus are good. but ive talked with another person who had the same issue i am having. he swapped out to a corsair or ocz psu and problem solved. as soon as his gpus would start to pull juice his 1.2 would just give up. im down to my 875 but i think thats whats happening. this is also why i was wanting to build from scratch. new ram and all

Alienwulf

When your running high end gpu or dual gpu's you have to have the power on the proper rails. its more than just hooking up the connectors. If it's not right you get a very quick shut down on the PSU. Just for info you might find this interesting. I used this guide to hook up my 760's one card can hit 479 watts. One thing to be said about the ASUS ROG MARS 760 is that it is power hungry! Using 70 watts more power than the single GTX 780 Ti card and 65 more watts than the R9 290X. I just finished a 5 hour session running Seti at home, Climate prediction, and asteroid which really stressed the cpu and both gpu's with no problem and it was pumping out some heat. I don't believe I'll run all 3 again.
http://www.dell.com/support/troubleshooting/us/en/19/kcs/kcsarticles/articleview?docid=573968

holeyguy66

thats pretty good info. thanks for that. to bad it dont show titans. i normally use psu calculator. which is still only a guesstament. i just put in my specs or well the closest i could find showed only 561watts with one titan. sli titans with 701. i bet im close to my limit with the lights in the case on as well. even though they are led the control board still uses a small amount to run the ccc and fans. i am gonna order me another case and psu to throw all this in. i didnt want to do this since i have planes for next year. i just dont want to modify anymore alienware cases to suite liquid cooling like i want.