Got my AW 17 R2! xD

Chrome

Mar 5, 2012
Japan
Got it 4 days earlier than expected, and am very happy with my purchase. The screen is absolutely awesome with max settings, something that has like a theateric feel to it(i came from a m14x 555m, so the performance just blew me away)
One defect though; the escape key, works, but when pressed on the most left side of the key, it doesn't pop up fully; it stays slanted, but isn't stuck-pressing. I've had a similiar issue with my m14x's spacebar. But overall happy, the win 8.1 start/metro takes a learning curve but i got too lazy and installed a third-party software that sets it back to the win7 format.
But still overall happy.

Nick

Jun 11, 2015
Grats! Hope you enjoy the heck out of it.

I abhor the windows 8 start screen. I installed classic shell and even though the start menu takes a second to load, it's better than that terrible start screen. Another option is Start is Back and it only costs $3 but is a solid option. However, it seems to have an issue with 8.1 and just causes the machines to boot to a black screen. Happened to my GF's HP laptop and the only thing I could do to fix it was to do a factory recovery.

Chrome

Mar 5, 2012
Japan
Grats! Hope you enjoy the heck out of it.

I abhor the windows 8 start screen. I installed classic shell and even though the start menu takes a second to load, it's better than that terrible start screen. Another option is Start is Back and it only costs $3 but is a solid option. However, it seems to have an issue with 8.1 and just causes the machines to boot to a black screen. Happened to my GF's HP laptop and the only thing I could do to fix it was to do a factory recovery.
I installed classic shell too first hour into turning it on. The only downside is when i click the control panel on the classic start, it brings out a window with different icons. So i still end up opening the control panel from the 8.1 start menu.

So far so good, at this time, i only play mid-range games(war thunder, starcraft) and i can play while rendering videos with no problems on fps.
Thinking if getting bf hardline.

Nick

Jun 11, 2015
I installed classic shell too first hour into turning it on. The only downside is when i click the control panel on the classic start, it brings out a window with different icons. So i still end up opening the control panel from the 8.1 start menu.

So far so good, at this time, i only play mid-range games(war thunder, starcraft) and i can play while rendering videos with no problems on fps.
Thinking if getting bf hardline.

Double clicking on Control Panel on the classic shell start menu will launch the control panel normally. No need to go through that ugly start screen ;)