Got my GTX 780Ti Superclocked!

DieselSS

Well it came in...I got it and I am loving it. I initially wanted an R9 290X but AMD stuck a shitty cooler on it and I am too impatient to wait for the board partners to come up with something better. I started looking into the GTX 780 since the price dropped to the $500 range. In the end I just couldn't resist the faster sibling.

Now...my CPU is obviously my weak point. I have hit a slight bottleneck in a couple of areas. But it's keeping up pretty well for a four year old, first gen i7. One that I have pushed constantly...lol. I am getting great framerates in all my games...obviously EVERYTHING I run is at Ultra now. And the damned thing runs cool. It is idling right now at 29*c and I haven't seen it get over 67*c. My 6870s in CF idled at 45~48.

I ran 3DMARK 11 finally and I am impressed with the Graphics score (17159 @1240mhz core/7300mhz Vram). Though my Physics score was a bit low (8228..but then I knew that already...lol). I may eventually go for a platform upgrade...maybe a socket 1150. But for now everything is silky smooth and I am happy.

I am impressed by the Overclocking potential of this GPU. It came with a stock Overclock and from everything I have read it is capable of 1250mhz~1300mhz on the core and 7750mhz+ Memory. I may bump it up a bit more and run 3DMARK 11 again. At stock this card smokes any other card on the market including the Titan and the 290X. It was a bit pricey for my taste but it is proving to be worth it. Overall it is a great upgrade for my aging Alienware.

20131119_175507.jpg20131119_181937.jpg

Just got finished playing Far Cry 3 (1920x1080) set to Ultra / 8xaa and HBAO and it's still holding 75 to 85 fps. I like the game much more now :)

Last edited:

shankc

nice card m8, I love far cry 3 as well you can do so much if your in the mood for sum blood you can take an outpost. you can do a bit hunting if you want or even just go exploring its just such a good game. I wouldn't mind playing it on the 780 ti very jealous ;)

DieselSS

Yeah I love Far Cry 3. After I beat it I just kept resetting the outposts so I can go back and recapture them. I keep changing tactics and strategies. I am still enjoying it. I read that they are working on Far Cry 4...I will definitely be getting that too. Today I have been playing Splinter Cell Blacklist (came with the card). It is actually a pretty enjoyable game and the graphics are nice. It's also co-op...so I think I'll be buying my wife a copy so we can play. 1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

shankc

I have been doing the exact same thing with far cry 3 myself I look forward to far cry 4 when it comes out. Did the article you were reading have a release date as I will definitely look forward to that. Splinter Cell Blacklist I like the look of that also but hurry on far cry 4 I cant wait :D

DieselSS

I didn't see any mention of a release date. Only that they were working on it. But I'll be doing my best to track it's progress. I can't wait!

holeyguy66

man thats nice. was the bench stock clocks? and farcry3 is optimised better for a single gpu application. with my 6850s i had nothing but scaling issues. with one titan no scailing issues at all. went right into triple wide with no issues. you think your in love with fc3 i am just now getting to enjoy the game period.

shankc

you think your in love with fc3 i am just now getting to enjoy the game period.
yeah but you have enjoyed the build I know you had sum ups and downs but know you get to test the fruits of your labour
enjoy ;)

sway

man thats nice. was the bench stock clocks? and farcry3 is optimised better for a single gpu application. with my 6850s i had nothing but scaling issues. with one titan no scailing issues at all. went right into triple wide with no issues. you think your in love with fc3 i am just now getting to enjoy the game period.

I bet fc3 is incredible in surround...huh? I really wish I could do 27" 1440p surround, but that's way to much money and completely new hardware.

tappin from my neXus 5

holeyguy66

o it is very much so man. all my games are just awesome even before the big money was spent. racing games are just like your there in the car. ask diesel he actually came by to help me set the monitors on the stand. before we did it he plaied nfs the run for a good 30 mins to an hour. he said he felt like he was in an arcade again

DieselSS

Well I picked up Tomb Raider since it was on sale on Steam. The first thing I did was run the benchmark.

1920x1080 Ultimate Preset (TressFx Hair Disabled)
GTX 780 Ti @ 1202mhz core / 1800mhz VRam
Ultimate Preset (Tressfx hair disabled).jpg

1920x1080 Ultimate Preset (TressFx Hair Enabled)
GTX 780 Ti @ 1202mhz core / 1800mhz VRam
Ultimate preset (Tressfx hair enabled).jpg