test

GPU and CPU Upgrade Options

Wil

I am currently running a NVIDIA 240M and an i7 720QM.
I've read a bunch online but I can't seem to find a straight up answer on what the best performing option is for the money. the easier the install the better and I'm not concerned having to get a bigger power supply.
Thanks

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Welcometo AWO. How much memory do you have? What type of storage drive do you have for the OS? HHD or SSD?

Wil

Welcometo AWO. How much memory do you have? What type of storage drive do you have for the OS? HHD or SSD?
right now I have 8GB of RAM and a 300 GB HHD however I plan on upgrading to 16GB and a 500GB SSD

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
right now I have 8GB of RAM and a 300 GB HHD however I plan on upgrading to 16GB and a 500GB SSD
16BG of ram is good. You will see better performance with an SSD vs HDD. I have 3 Samsund SSDs in my laptop. :)

MattyB

CPU will be pretty easy to swap out if you want to. Just need to get the right one for your machine. I put a 920XM in an old M15x once. You definitely need a GPU upgrade though. You could try something like a 680m. You'd need a bigger power supply though. It's not hard to do but you will need a modded driver to make it work.