test

Graphic card for my 3D unit

DeRon1

Hello world its me again! :) Well I have been going through my order for my M17X R4 and I have the 2GB GDDR5 nVIDIA Geforce GTX 660 for my GPU but when I look now on the Dell site they no longer offer. The start of with the 2GB GDDR5 AMD Radeon™ HD 7970M and progress to bigger and I guess better! I also noticed that they no longer offer the same CPU as I have ordered and am presently waiting on! My CPU is the 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3610QM (6MB Cache, up to 3.4GHz w/ Turbo Boost 2.0) Which they no longer offer! They now start of with the 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM (6MB Cache, up to 3.4GHz w/ Turbo Boost 2.0)

NOW MY PROBLEM IS:

I ordered the 3D bundle or some would say the 17.3-inch WideFHD 1920 x 1080 120Hz NVIDIA 3D Vision Bundle. I am on the Dell site checking with the low end of what they offer now CPU and GPU I get a flag where something has got to be upgraded in order to have the 3D capabilities! this did not happen when I originally placed my order and I have yet to receive a call or email from Dell to tell me that my GPU and CPU choices will not support the 3D. Do you guys think that I will have problems with the 3D and its FPS or lag with the 3D! I am confused because I was not told nor flagged with the GTX 660 and the i7 3610QM :( :(

I hope I explained this where as you guys understand me ( LOL mean what I know LOL)

MattyB

The i7-3610 will support the 3D Bundle. There won't be any problems running the GTX 660M either. The 660M is still offered in Australia but they have also removed the 3610 processor.

You will obviously get better performance from the GTX 680M but you shouldn't have any problems with your setup at all.

DeRon1

Thanks MattyB for your prompt response because I was getting a lil upset and about call up and see what I needed to make this right! which I no would've set me back even further for my delivery date! I have already been thinking that after looking at some of the other members upgrade choices that I may have sold myself just a little short on performance. this is my first power box and some of you guys have some real beast. I just want to keep up with everyone in battle on average!!

DeRon1

By the way have you decided what you are going to do with the older Aurora :) ;)

MattyB

It all comes down to how much you really want to spend on this stuff. Your rig will play any game you want. You may just have to dial back the settings a little bit. You probably won't see a huge difference doing that with most games these days anyway. When I turn the settings on BF3 down to low, it looks just as good as it does on Ultra and you get better frame rates! That could be my degrading eyes though.....:D

I haven't got the 3D screen on my M17x so I can't really tell you how it's definitely going to go there. Ask Yikes, he's usually got all the answers! :)

Feel free to contact Dell if you have concerns though.

MattyB

By the way have you decided what you are going to do with the older Aurora :) ;)

No not yet. I really should sell it and put the cash back onto the credit card since I am getting the ALX next week. At the moment the old Aurora has my GTX 670 card in there but I will put that into the ALX. I will probably also put the 256GB SSD into the ALX. The new one is coming with a GTX 555 so I will shove that into the old one.

I was thinking of just hooking the old one to my big screen and leaving it there but the sensible thing to do would be to put in on Ebay.

Are you making an offer?? :D

DeRon1

yeah this all can be a bit costly if you try to keep up with the next guy. me being the noob that i am to the gaming scene (well on the PC) I may tend to be a bit more curious to what i'll be able to do. I play or have played more of my games on ps3! Dialing up and down is going to be something i'll have to learn more about there m8!

MattyB

I am pretty new at all this too. Most of what I have learned is from the people here on Alienowners!

I mentioned this in my last post.

Also great to see we are converting folks over from consoles! I hope you get into the PC experience!!

DeRon1

this dang lappy i'm on now is burping because I have just seen the post about the Aurora and I guess I was just a lil curious! LOL something is tremendously wrong with this PC. I have 2 desktops here and 3 lappies but they are all dinosaurs! I need to need to keep current as often as I can! LOl

DeRon1

LOL m8 you are correct in that statement! Well its getting time for this old bloak to hit the rack m8 sooz i'll catch you out here sometime in the near future for another tutorial! ;)

Thanks Again My Friend So Good Day To Ya