test

GT 555M problem when playing Minecraft

Maelstrom

I've had no trouble with my GPU before today. It's never gotten too hot and has always provided great graphics and good fps on pretty much anything I play. But for some reason when I try playing Minecraft today it automatically underclocks itself and the game fps lags. It doesn't do this with other games and the clock stays put when every I play other games. But whenever I start Minecraft up it stops working almost. It still is working but it's using almost none of the card and its clock drops to below half of stock. Anyone know what might be the problem?

MattyB

That sucks. I have no idea why it would do this but have you ever tried the EVGA Pecision X tool? You can select a target frame rate for the card to work to. It may not help but could be worth a try.

Maelstrom

That sucks. I have no idea why it would do this but have you ever tried the EVGA Pecision X tool? You can select a target frame rate for the card to work to. It may not help but could be worth a try.

I made an account, and activated it. Was about to login and then the server is down apparently. T.T

I guess I'll try later.

MattyB

That's very interesting. The same thing happened to me when I tried to download it from EVGA. After I did all the activation stuff, I couldn't get back on their site. I ended up getting it off Cnet I think. Had no problems then. Can you connect to other sites?

Maelstrom

That's very interesting. The same thing happened to me when I tried to download it from EVGA. After I did all the activation stuff, I couldn't get back on their site. I ended up getting it off Cnet I think. Had no problems then. Can you connect to other sites?

Firefox told me that this site was acting weird and that I should clear my cookies. I did that and it let me download it. But the program seems to lag really badly. Nothing else does but it takes forever to update anything you click on there.

MattyB

Yep. I have the same problem. Pretty annoying. Maybe they do that when you don't register an EVGA product with them. Just to piss us off! :p

Maelstrom

[FIXED] I'm such an idiot. One of my contraptions I built in Tekkit was spilling blocks out everywhere and having thousands of floating block pieces double planing right next to each other tends cause mayhem. Even if you aren't looking at the mess!

Also, I turned on the in game monitor thing from the EVGA program and my processor suddenly maxed out like it was being stress tested. I looked at the task manager and there were 10 EVGA monitoring processes going on at the same time and all of them wanted the whole CPU for themselves. :/
I don't know If I'm going to use that tool again.

MattyB

Wow thats crazy.

I will pretend I know what you're talking about regarding the Minecraft stuff. I have never had a go.