Gtx 1060 is it fine using just 1 6 Pin?

Ninjacookie

I tried installing my Leadtek 1060 but It has an 8 pin connector. I used the adapter included but it sticks out too much and I can't fit it in the case. So I had to just plug in one 6 pin connector.

Is this what people usually do?

Is there some adapter that doesn't stick out?

Will the damage the card/hinder it?

Here's an image of why it didn't fit. http://imgur.com/a/WC5hD
WC5hD

LukeUBN4IT

I had a similar issue with my GTX 1080, but I was able to get it to fit in place of the front fan (took the front fan out). The other option you might try is get an 8pin male to 8pin male extender and possibly if the extender is long enough you could keep the chunky part inside the case flush up against the disk drive? Just some ideas.

Ninjacookie

I had a similar issue with my GTX 1080, but I was able to get it to fit in place of the front fan (took the front fan out). The other option you might try is get an 8pin male to 8pin male extender and possibly if the extender is long enough you could keep the chunky part inside the case flush up against the disk drive? Just some ideas.
Thanks for the reply

I've seen the front fan mod, but I thought that was for when the card was too long? What does getting rid of the fan do to stop the chord from sticking out of the edge?

The 8 pin to 8 pin extender sounds like a good idea, I might try in the future, Cheers.

LukeUBN4IT

The chunky plastic connectors on the 8pin adapter that you have, should not stick out of the edge there. They should be able to stay inside the case. If you line them up just right inside they should fit next to the card where the fan normally would go. I actually used some electrical tape to tape the two six pin connectors together so they fit better in the small space in front of the card where the fan usually goes.