test

GTX 660 upgrade

michaelbyz23

Hello guys,

I have made an upgrade to my Alienware X51 system. I upgraded from GTX 555 to GTX 660 Ti and it works perfectly fine. Love my X51.
Below is an unboxing video of the GTX 660 from EVGA and installation into the X51. Hope this helps!

[video=youtube;TF6DnoUEuOc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF6DnoUEuOc[/video]

sway

if you get a 2gb hard drive what power supply do you need? great vid by the way!

You mean 2tb? If that's what you mean I don't think it'll fit bc its a lil thicker, Im not sure though. If it does fit then the stock psu is fine.

tappin from the Note II

ShagginYeti

You mean 2tb? If that's what you mean I don't think it'll fit bc its a lil thicker, Im not sure though. If it does fit then the stock psu is fine.

tappin from the Note II
Dude im sorry idk what i was thinking... i ment 2gb graphics card haha

ShagginYeti

It's all good I was confused. I'm at 4gb so trust me when I say your good.

tappin from the Note II
so i have the alienware x51 with nvidia gt 545 and i want the best graphics card for crysis 3 when it comes out what do you recommend?

sway

so i have the alienware x51 with nvidia gt 545 and i want the best graphics card for crysis 3 when it comes out what do you recommend?

Well the biggest nvidia gpu you can fit is the 670 (for now), I had a sapphire 7850 before that and I know the 7870 will fit. I The 7870 isn't as good as the 670, but with the new catalyst driver it's pretty damn good. I'd stay with the tunnel design on the gpu like the evga's/stock bc it gives the best cooling, mine stays at 68c gaming hard on bf3 and farcry 3. With the sapphire I had it got into the high 80s bc it blows the hot air into the case.

Depending on the resolution you'll be playing at also determines what gpu you should get. I got the one I have now bc my res is 1440p, so I needed the higher vram and the higher memory bandwidth over the 660ti lower memory bandwidth. If your only gonna be at 1080p I'd go with the 3gb 660ti bc you'll need the extra vram sooner or later. If you have the moola for the one I have Id recommend get that. Bottom line is I can't recommend something with low vram bc of the games coming out soon, like crysis 3.

You could wait for the next gen gpus coming pretty soon with lower power usage a lil more powerful, a plus with that is the current gen price will drop, just fyi.

tappin from the Note II