GTX 680 and X51

DDuB420

Oct 26, 2012
Toronto ON CA
Hopefully that works.
He kinda went overkill on the PSU tho lol

EDIT

48510.png

A modular 650 would work just fine for this setup.

Last edited:

sway

Apr 12, 2012
Houston
I've watched his vids, he's got a bunch on you tube. Think he's been through 5 different gpus. He's got money though.

If you swap out the mobo on the x51 just fyi you have to hook up a psu like he did to power it. Saw someone else swap out one and it wouldn't power bc aftermarket mobo just require more volts or whatever than Dell's.

tappin from the Note II

VagrantXeth

Mar 4, 2012
Texas
I think that is overkill, if you want a highly customizable Alienware, just spring for the Aurora and use the money that you would be using on upgrades to pay for a higher end one that has more customization options. I prefer the svelte design of the X51 and if I want a more robust machine I will just get an Aurora.

Xtrmx51

Jan 22, 2013
Ohio
If u r talking to me then yes heat is ok. I use 3 noctua fans 2 80x80x25 one blowing down on the cpu and one in the back outside as an exhaust fan. I took the heat sink that was wrapped in plastic( which trapped all the heat on the cpu, and took a dremel and removed all the excess plastic so it looks like intels with the fins exposed. It actually a good heat sink cause it has a copper core most aftermarket ones r just aluminum.) and with that it dropped cpu temps 20c during load! The other noctua is where the front intake fan was! So it's supper quiet I hear no fan noise

If u r talking to me then yes heat is ok. I use 3 noctua fans 2 80x80x25 one blowing down on the cpu and one in the back outside as an exhaust fan. I took the heat sink that was wrapped in plastic( which trapped all the heat on the cpu, and took a dremel and removed all the excess plastic so it looks like intels with the fins exposed. It actually a good heat sink cause it has a copper core most aftermarket ones r just aluminum.) and with that it dropped cpu temps 20c during load! The other noctua is where the front intake fan was! So it's supper quiet I hear no fan noise

Oh cool, thanks for that. good information.