GTX 750 TI inside x51 R1

Ryan Wolfe

May 8, 2015
Hello everyone, i was hoping someone could help me with my x51 R1. So after much reading i decided to upgrade my X51, but since i have the R1 i had to upgrade my PSU from the 240w to the 330w to upgrade my gpu. A friend of mine had an extra GTX 750 TI on hand, so he let me have it. After installing/updating new drivers when i install the GTX 750 ti into my x51 i get to the booting screen and then my x51 just beeps at me with 1 beep every 10 seconds or so. I have no idea what this means and would really appreciate some help.

gemini

Apr 7, 2015
You might need to upgrade your power board if you want to use the 700 or 900 series GPU. I have the x51 r2 model with 760ti and I upgrade to 970 blower type reference card with no issues for 2 months now. The x51 r1 model have some things to consider when upgrading to 700 or 900 cards..
1. r2 powerboard
2.330 PSU
3. Blower/reference type card ...reason being a blower type gpu so that air wil blow out thru the fan attach to the case. Fan type card will blow air inside your system which will generate more heat.
4. card lenght 9.5/9.72 . you can install a 10.5 inch but you need to make some mod to you rig.
5. If you want to get an overclock card just make sure you know how to tame the card.
6. Goodluck !

Ryan Wolfe

May 8, 2015
Thanks a bunch gemini! I figured out it was the R2 powerboard that i need. But can't seem to find anywhere that sells it. Think im just going to sell my R1 and start from scratch. Really appreciate the info and help.

gemini

Apr 7, 2015
I have red that you can order it from dell. R1 model is basically the as R2 except for the power board..They have a lot of issues back from R1 model were the system will just shut off..X51 is still a good PC just upgrade your GPU and your good to go..

gemini

Apr 7, 2015
I have red that you can order it from dell. R1 model is basically the as R2 except for the power board..They have a lot of issues back from R1 model were the system will just shut off..X51 is still a good PC just upgrade your GPU and your good to go..
Totally agree x51 is still a good PC ..I have red with people having successfully upgrade their power board and installing 970..Yes you can order it from Dell maybe they might have some left over..GOODLUCK !