test

gtx 970

Jered

Hey will i be able to run the gtx 970 on an alienwear with no troble or crashes and over heating. Also do i need to install new drivers when i do install the new graphics card

venticore

well i think it will depend on what X51 you have if its the R1 or the R2 and what power brick you have.
R1= you might need to purchase R2 power board or slightly under volt CPU and GPU also the 330w power brick is a must.
R2= it will work without any problem if you have the 330w power brick.
just try to get the blower style of the GTX 970 its will be a bit hotter than dual fan cards but its the best choice for our X51 to take hear out of the case from the rear exhaust.

Jered

well i think it will depend on what X51 you have if its the R1 or the R2 and what power brick you have.
R1= you might need to purchase R2 power board or slightly under volt CPU and GPU also the 330w power brick is a must.
R2= it will work without any problem if you have the 330w power brick.
just try to get the blower style of the GTX 970 its will be a bit hotter than dual fan cards but its the best choice for our X51 to take hear out of the case from the rear exhaust.
Ok thx i do have a r2 with 330 power brick

venticore

Take the pny I have one in my x51 and it will work without any mods.
They also gave me the witcher 3 and batman keys with the purchase.

venticore

Yeah but you need the blower style fan because there is no enough space in the case to make the dual fan card to breath.

venticore

I've seen that before they flashed the evga sc to a stock bios.
Well its your choice after all but I just recommend the blower style cards over the dual fan cooler just for this particular PC otherwise the dual fan will run cooler in a bigger case.

Jered

I've seen that before they flashed the evga sc to a stock bios.
Well its your choice after all but I just recommend the blower style cards over the dual fan cooler just for this particular PC otherwise the dual fan will run cooler in a bigger case.
Ok thx for the helpful tip