GTX760 in my X51

jzlim2

Guys,

Just letting everyone know that i just fit EVGA GeForce GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB w/ EVGA ACX Cooler into my x51, replacing GTX660 OEM. It works well and perhaps better than GTX670 FTW (crashed often and high temperature). :D

cheers

Krilltaz

hey jzlim2, can you please post the link to your card because I have a 660 OEM and want an upgrade for the long run.

DJaymo

did you have to do anything special beforehand like change cables or anything?. i have an R2 model with a 270x but would like to get some more power for some games that are coming like witcher 3 etc.

MiLoLaMb

did you have to do anything special beforehand like change cables or anything?. i have an R2 model with a 270x but would like to get some more power for some games that are coming like witcher 3 etc.

Nah man, it's all good. If there is an 8 pin plug, just plug the 6 pin in it. Should be fine. Also make sure you have the 330W PSU. It's is th big PSU and has a ground.
170W Has to be the TDP for any GFX to work.

DJaymo

i never used the geforce brand before, I always heared it was better but can this card handle ultra settings on most games? I can run high now on most above 60fps without AA etc though.

MiLoLaMb

DJaymo. What game do you want me to bench and il bench it tonight and take a video.

DJaymo

BF4 or something like that if you play it. anything thats demanding that you play that would be kool.