Guess I should post here as well

Ochimo

So I ordered my AW 18 a week ago. and ship date should be the 18th of October. Really looking forward to getting a dedicated gaming laptop to replace my desktop (self built). Went almost all out with the i7-4900MQ processor and the dual 780's but only 16 gigs ram (not sure yet if ill need 32 gigs for gaming.) and the dual 750 gig drive (1.5 TB raid 0) with 64gb msata ssd. Ill see if the speed is up to what I want or ill go with a SSD boot drive and one 750 HDD. Blue ray drive and everything else :) The waiting is painful :)

Sarah

Wow, that will be one very nice machine indeed :) 32GB of memory is not required for gaming and 16 will be more than enough. You have gone for the most important bits in the processor and those dual 780s for a kick arse rig. The wait is horrible but take it from me when I say it will be well worth it. My 17 seems to eat games for breakfast and your 18 will have twice the pixel pushing power! :)

Welcome to the forum too :)

MattyB

Welcome!
Yeah 16 gigs is plenty. I would suggest the SSD at some stage though. The cache SSD performs pretty good after a little while but nothing compared to a dedicated one.

forJAT

Welcome to Club AW! The wait is the worst part .. but WELL worth it! So worth it that I would order another won just for the satisfaction of signing the Fed Ex delivery receipt and opening it up ..

Ochimo

That would be a bit much :) But I did get mine 10 days earlier than advertised, and am loving it! I replaced one drive with an EVO 256 gb SSD, and the system is so fast!

shankc

The difference between spinning Harddrive and solid state Harddrive is night and day. I love my alien even more since getting ssd

now Free