Guild Wars 2

Commy1

Anyone going to play? Better question.. has anyone got 50/50 HoF and going for the Fishgun and the pets ;P? I know I'm not, sitting at a comfy 26/50 I think. Weapons are too bloody expensive for that.

OG1-KENOBI

I just started playing this week and so far it seems quieter than WOW which I played for a 6 year stint.

JennyM

So how do u find GW2 compared to WoW, I'm still playing wow after 4 years. :) I started with guildwars tho, so curious about the new one.

OG1-KENOBI

Its so far good but as i stated I have only just started. I have gone from having 4x 85's with end game mounts etc to a level 12 toon so time will tell. I love the graphics (i have all settings on max) compared to wow but that's understandable given the games ages. I love the fact its not a monthly sub basis and that will keep me playing GW2 for a while i rekon. I just got an invite to join a guild so I will see what that is like. FURY the guild I was in on Nagrand was filled to the brim with great people and our drunken Fri/Sat night raids were brilliant. I miss the guildies more than I miss the game. The mists of panderia never did anything for me so it's GW2 all the way from here on in. :)

I would highly recommend it if you are finding WOW is getting a lil stale.

Last edited:

holeyguy66

what the dif between wow and gw2 i plaid vanilla to cata then got board again. been looking for another game like it but s far notta. i have plaid the first gw and lked it but didnt i didnt like the fact that when yuo was done wth a quest chain you was kinda stuck unless you knew what to do and where to go

SpyderBite

I enjoy GW2 because many of the events are dynamic vs scheduled and organized by a developer and or community manager.

JennyM

I downloaded steam hoping that GW2 would be one of the games available, but no joy... it had the GW1 expansions so I thought for sure it would have 2.

I guess its gonna have to be amazon purchase... don't u just hate waiting for the post? lol :p

AeonSoul

I downloaded steam hoping that GW2 would be one of the games available, but no joy... it had the GW1 expansions so I thought for sure it would have 2.

I guess its gonna have to be amazon purchase... don't u just hate waiting for the post? lol :p
I think you can still get it via digital delivery from somewhere, but I don't remember where from D:

SpyderBite

Once you sign in with your ArenaNet account, you can re-download (either platform) and/or purchase the game. No need to buy a physical copy or use Steam.

WaLkAwaY

Is this an online only game? Or can you play it single player and not have to interact with people?

Shadowspike

Gw2 I think I prefer it to wow cus in pvp ehich I enjoy quite a lot its verry balanced so no one has the upper hand based on level more based on skill
But I havent played wow as much as these guy's

SpyderBite

I adore the PvP system in gw2! I play on a PvP server so not only do I have access to the cross server arenas and WvWvW.. But also open world PvP on any level 30+ planet. Weeeee! :)

SpyderBite

I was getting 70-80 fps in Divinitys Reach last night with over 300 people on the map. I'm not sure if the last update did something to improve this, but it sure beats the hell out of the 16-23 fps I was getting on my Mac in empty maps. XD

Sora3

cant wait to play this. had to send my m14 back (hardware problem). any chance it will go on sale soon

SpyderBite

The m14x or GW2?

I doubt the game will drop in price anytime soon as it is free to play and sales have only increased since its release as refugees from SWtOR, EQ2 & WoW shuffle in for a more enjoyable MMO experience. ;)

Sora3

yea i meant GW2. i didnt think it would, o well just have to save a little extra for it

SpyderBite

Set up a saved search for GW2 New In Box on eBay. I've seen new boxed versions go for as little as $29. I'm sure they're copies that probably "fell off the truck" at a Best Buy or Target.. But.. Just sayin' ;)

OG1-KENOBI

Is this an online only game? Or can you play it single player and not have to interact with people?
Yes its an MMO however the way the game is setup you can play and level up doing quests etc on your own and people just assist and you all get the rewards. Yes you can go the guild route etc but you can also have a lot of fun playing solo style. Thats all I have done as Im just levelling toons.

Internet connection is required however. :)

SpyderBite

Thats all I have done as Im just levelling toons.
Do the new Live Story events. The experience and rewards are absolutely killer! You can do them at any level, thus all your toons, as the events are level scaled much like wvwvwv and dynamic events. But they can be a little tough if your toon is under geared. Eg less than crafted gear or better.