test

Had to use my desktop because R3 wont go online!

Ianm63

I'm sick of this....a bloody expensive laptop sitting there, cant get online plus as slow as a week in jail to boot up.....I know I've got another thread about it and a few were very helpfull sending links to reinstall drivers ect, but it's still as bad. There's obviously something somewhere not right with this bloody machine, but god knows what and where......I honestly feel like selling it or getting the big hammer out!

DDuB420

I'm sick of this....a bloody expensive laptop sitting there, cant get online plus as slow as a week in jail to boot up.....I know I've got another thread about it and a few were very helpfull sending links to reinstall drivers ect, but it's still as bad. There's obviously something somewhere not right with this bloody machine, but god knows what and where......I honestly feel like selling it or getting the big hammer out!

Still waiting on those ping results.

Ianm63

Sorry forgot, was doing other stuff....dont know to do a screen shot though, I'll check through the post you said about as to where to get them, as again I forgot :eek:

AeonSoul

Sorry forgot, was doing other stuff....dont know to do a screen shot though, I'll check through the post you said about as to where to get them, as again I forgot :eek:
Press the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard, then open paint and paste (ctrl+v). Save it and upload it somewhere like on imgur.com.

Maelstrom

If your having these sort of issues then there is definitely something wrong hardware wise. AWs don't usually have hardware issues so I don't know what might be the problem. Your best bet might be to contact customer support and get an IT guy out there.

Meaker

<b>Retailer</b>
A faulty wireless card could account for those issues, can you go online when hard wired into the router?

DDuB420

Use "snipping tool" to take screen shots, open the start menu and type snipping tool.

I'm leaning towards what meaker posted, but I want to see your ping results from your AW and other laptop on wireless first, before I jump to conclusions. Try what meaker suggested, is it better when it's hard wired?

Ianm63

Still waiting on those ping results.

The results I got I just now though, not this morning when it was buggered

Your best bet might be to contact customer support and get an IT guy out there.

I did last week but because the warranty's out they want a body part so can shove it

A faulty wireless card could account for those issues, can you go online when hard wired into the router?

havent ried yet, will later or tomorrow

DDuB420

I need Screenshots like I asked, from both laptops on wireless if possible. (Snipping tool makes this easy)
I would like to compare the difference between the 2 (round trip times - min/max/avg)

Did you get any packet loss on the ping you preformed?

Ianm63

I know....the thing is, when I ping something, it's not staying on the screen long enough to do it....as soon as it's up, it's gone within seconds

DDuB420

as soon as command prompt is up it disappears? or as soon as you hit enter after typing ping google.com?

Ianm63

As soon as I ping....it come up yes, gives a few numbers for a few secs but that's it, then it's gone

DDuB420

As soon as I ping....it come up yes, gives a few numbers for a few secs but that's it, then it's gone

Try using an ethernet cable (cat5 or 6). Disable wireless,connect cable - one end of cable to the router & the other to your M17xR3, ping again. Does it drop with this config?

Ianm63

Yep did that....everything's quicker that way, I guess the wireless card's buggered

Pinging still wont stay on screen for more than about 2-3 secs though

DDuB420

Yep did that....everything's quicker that way, I guess the wireless card's buggered

Pinging still wont stay on screen for more than about 2-3 secs though

This concerns me, just so we are clear on what your doing.
Your pressing the windows key + R
Typing in cmd and pressing enter
When command prompt launches your typing in ping google.com?

When you ping on wireless your ping fails or ping fails, command prompt window closes?
When you ping on hard wired connection your ping fails or ping fails, command prompt window closes?

DDuB420

One more thing I forgot...

When your pinging using the ethernet cable, your disabling your wireless adapter before pinging right?