test

Hangar 18 HD

ejohnson

Well, today is the day, I dont use my hangar as much as I had hoped I would. It usually sits dormant in the basement while I am upstairs with the wife and baby. So as sad as I am, I must sell off the hangar.

First things first. It will not come with:
HDDs
Motherboard
TV tuner
or CPU

What you will get is:
Modded Hangar 18 case
380 watt PSU
DVD drive with USB pin header board
Front mounted LCD
PCI slot fan
2 HDD cages
PCI riser cable

all spare hangar parts that I have.

I am looking to get $500 + shipping for it.
This may seem like alot to some of you, but when you count in the time, work and searching to get some of these parts (mainly the rear IO panel) it is well worth it.

The chassis is in near mint condition, no major scratchs, scuffs, or dents.

This is one of the rarest of the rare when it comes to alienware computers.

I am selling it as a barebones type of computer for the simple fact that I feel used computer parts dont hold much value, the only part here that is really worth money is the case. I can use the insides of the computer to upgrade other computers in my system right now.
This case can take a matx motherboard, 2 3.5 hdds, and a single slot pci card.

Full catalog of pictures, full write up and everything I have on the hangar can be found here.
http://forum.desktopreview.com/alienware/245214-alienware-hangar-18-hd-restoration.html
Here is a album full of hangar pictures (along with many other systems)
https://plus.google.com/photos/102583355895978755542/albums/5604888289536591505

If you have any questions, let me know.
Price is plus shipping, and I can ship anywhere in the world.

MattyB

Oh man!!! I want it! I just don't think I can right now. I'll let Tommy and DDub have a go first and see what happens.

Any idea how much shipping would be to me?

- - - - - Updated; Double Post Auto Merged - - - - -

I will regret it if I don't go for it

ejohnson

It should be around $70.00-100.00 for shipping. If I am to ship down to you, I will have to wait till my shipping contact (my mother) gets back from florida so she can send it out.

Her discount is really good, and its 2 day air, so you should get it right away.

Fedex lists shipping to you at around $300.00, but I know I can get alot cheaper than that.

MattyB

Oh that's pretty tempting. What's the system like to use? It has its own software I'm assuming

ejohnson

I just ran XBMC on it, its a variation of linux made for HTPC use.

But really, the system can be anything you want it to be depending on what parts you put in there. Remember, there is no motherboard, or hdds in here. Its a pretty bare bones system.

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
I really want it but I must pass. I just paid off all my credit cards with my tax return and it feels pretty good. :) I have to practice some discipline now. I know someone will snatch that up.

DDuB420

Too rich for my blood for just those parts.
I give it 2 days and it will be gone anyways, good luck with the sale :cool:

MattyB

Yeah I'm thinking the same thing. Can't warrant spending that cash and then a fair bit more to get it going just now

ejohnson

Just want to revise this a bit.

$300 takes it. Comes with a asrock matx motherboard along with the rest of the things listed at the top.
Also comes with 1 of the "alienware" media remotes... I am keeping the other one for a project.