test

Has anyone had this happen before

Ianm63

I havent.....

While using the desktop earlier, i had multiple windows open ie youtube, this one, a bike forum, a photographic forum and couple of others......the system froze, i rebooted (as ive did a few times in the past) this time the o/s dissapeared!....dont know how but it did.

It's an i5 2.5ghz, 8gb ddr 3 ram, 250gb ssd.....i just wondered because electronic/digital it must had got glitch and wiped itself clean....is this posible, then again it must be as it happened

DDuB420

What do you mean exactly by the OS disappeared?
Will windows start to boot then stop?
Did you get a BSOD or no boot device available screen?
What happens when you reboot? Where does it stop?

Does it boot into windows but you have no taskbar/start menu (explorer)?
Does the bios detect the hdd's?
Did you have a raid setup?
What model do you have?

If you can answer some of these we will have a better understanding of what's happening and how to troubleshoot it.

Ianm63

As in disapeared/none/wipe clean!....had to reinstall Win 7

My boot screen came up and just said boot from recovery disc, tried a system restore but no previous dates....like I say, I dont know what happed or why

yikes81

It's possible your boot file became corrupt, thus no longer recognising the fact that windows was installed.

Sent via Tapatalk

Maelstrom

You may want to look around your OS drive to see if you can find any remnants of the original OS.

This is the first time i'm hearing such a thing and appears very typical. Some system files must have gone corrupt. Are you sure you weren't browsing downloading some crazy stuff enough to infect your pc with such a virus?