Having trouble with my Area 51 it’s an old model like late 09 to early 10

Jbeegle

When I’m in game it plays ok for a while then either the screen will go black and I’ll still hear sounds or it will freeze up completely and I can’t do anything and I’m also running windows 10 so I don’t know what the problem is and I get error message jraid.sys for failure when I boot the Area 51 back up please help new to this

Cass-Olé

Software glitches aren't my thing; I googled jraid.sys & I assume you have too. There are several JMicron JMB36X RAID drivers in the 51 Driver Archive, I'd check device manager & Control Panel list of installed software, see what version you're on & update if necessary. I never did RAID & so never had that particular driver installed. In the BIOS I had my SATA Controller set to AHCI (not RAID), if your HDDs aren;t in a RAID array then check your BIOS (set to AHCI), & perhaps uninstall the JMicron deal for testing purposes. If you still get the error then try the latest version in the Drivers Archive, try to get onto BIOS A10 or A11 (find BIOS firmware in the Archive), & read up on this through Google, feel free to post at the Dellware forum

Given the X58 Intel Gen1 mthrbrd/CPU you have is ~10years old, & Intel Gen10 exists now, maybe time for a motherboard-CPU-DDR4 swap in 2020 ... good luck

Jbeegle

Ok thank you I went to the Alienware website to look for updates and there is an update for a bios should I download that and see if that fixes my problem?

Jbeegle

Also when I’m in game my memory is at like 97% and so is my cpu would more ram help me with this problem

Cass-Olé

Yes, update Bios ... whether more memory can help out, it depends how much u have now. For CPU, the top upgrade paths are i7 960 970 980 965(x) 975(x) 980x 990x (Bloom/Gulf), view SrvcMnual, Chapt8 for DDR3 specs. Not sure of your problem nor how to fix ... I'd probably obtain new or used Hard Drive & clean install W10 as a test-bed, without the raid driver, otherwise try the Dellware forum in the meantime as well

inphoenix

JBeegle. Sorry i dont know where to find your system specs. But are you running an AMD GPU? If so. I have came across some R9's that halt when overheat. And that is exactly what they do on Win10 you get the BSOD. and nothing else to do but hit the reset button.

Jbeegle

I took my os back to windows 7 starting to get things back to normal my service tag number is 6k1tlm1 I don’t know if that will help determine anything but at the moment when I run destiny 2 the game freezes when it starts loading into worlds but I am currently looking at some more ram for it it is ddr3 1333 support assist won’t install on it it says it must be a dell or Alienware so I don’t know how to get that to work just trying to figure out the raid0 crap could overclocking be an issue maybe I’m in way over my head lol any tips would be appreciated thanks

Jbeegle

I took my os back to windows 7 starting to get things back to normal my service tag number is 6k1tlm1 I don’t know if that will help determine anything but at the moment when I run destiny 2 the game freezes when it starts loading into worlds but I am currently looking at some more ram for it it is ddr3 1333 support assist won’t install on it it says it must be a dell or Alienware so I don’t know how to get that to work just trying to figure out the raid0 crap could overclocking be an issue maybe I’m in way over my head lol any tips would be appreciated thanks
And I’m currently on bios a10

Cass-Olé

No clues to offer on the game issue, but for memory you can run 12Gb 3x4Gb of DDR3 1600MHz, set XMP on in the Bios to overclock the standard base 1333 speed up to 1600. Kingston HyperX & Corsair Dominator were the factory options, if buying used then look for a matched set of three (triple-channel). You could consider an SSD & perhaps a newer GPU also (example Nvidia 1070 or better)