HDMI-IN Issues

PhoenixBennu

Transposed from my facebook post on the alienware page. Concerning info given from a recent conference call with dell reps and notebookreview.com that I was a part of.
Figured it might be helpful info for some.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
From the conference call today, with all that went on, its kinda hard to remember it all, but one other thing I wanted to point out. For those having hdmi-in issues, it is a driver issue. Whats happening is that when you plug something in to the hdmi-in port, the driver is shutting off the i/o port for the card since it believed there is another i.o option to override it. If you roll back to an older driver (before 285 I believe) you wont have this issue.

It is being worked on, but no resolution as of yet. Primarily in discussion with nvidia to correct.

Eirreann

Well that was fast... I only just saw this come up on the Facebook page.... Wait... is this Conrad?

PhoenixBennu

lol yeah. I figured Id contribute where I could :) Wanna share the information around, because I hate misinformation. I deal with it all day at work, with people not knowing a policy or procedure, etc and it can lead to some serious problems. So wanted to be proactive :)

Eirreann

Haha, brilliant! I had no idea you were on the site! I'm the guy that's been posting all over the place on Alienware's wall using our Facebook page (AlienOwners.com)...
Thanks again for doing that for us*, mate! I for one really appreciate it!

*Us referring to Alienware owners as a whole...

PhoenixBennu

NP. I joined up when I first saw your postings on the page. Figured, of all forums around, you guys should be included most of all :)

Eirreann

NP. I joined up when I first saw your postings on the page. Figured, of all forums around, you guys should be included most of all :)
Thanks! Yeah, I'm trying my best to get the place known by being as helpful as I can...

PhoenixBennu

Well if you need help with things, let me know. Im not always sitting at my computer, but when I am I tend to overpost and have busy hands with forums and such lol.

Eirreann

Well if you need help with things, let me know. Im not always sitting at my computer, but when I am I tend to overpost and have busy hands with forums and such lol.
That would be appreciated! Talk to Tommy (the site founder), I'm sure he could find something for you to do to contribute, if you're up to it!

calric

Thanks for the usefull info is it specific to nvidia? ...sidebar note - im going to send you a PM; curiosity has me wondering something; you'll see why soon enough.