Heating Up Like Hell While Playing Battlefield 3 On M14x :mad:

dnvr.dsz

Only Con About The M14x According To Me Is That It Gets Heated Up Very Fast After A Hour Of Gaming It Will Be Almost Impossible To Touch The Base....Is It Just Me Or All The Users Are Experiencing The Same Problem....

Last edited:

Commy1

Try lifting the laptop off your desk/lap. Put it on an angle backwards. The cooling in the m14x isn't bad as long as it gets the air flow it needs.

Checkmate

I second what Commy1 recommends. Use a laptop cooler and make sure that the ventilation is working.

Maelstrom

I've been looking for a cooler to but until then I've got mine lifted by about an inch using these block things the carpet cleaners put under the furniture. I've got about a 10 C drop at all times just by doing that.

Checkmate

I would recommend the Cooler Master Notepal U3 with 3 adjustable fans. I use one for my M17x and it lowered my temps considerably (about 6 to 7 degrees). I also use the smaller U1 model with 1 fan for my M11x. You can try looking into the U2 model with 2 fans if its a better fit for your M14x.

DecepticonZ9

i have the same issue
my laptop can reach to 100 degrees Celsius without a cooler
im going to do a repaste soon, i think you may have to as well depending on how hot your cpu and gpu gets

dnvr.dsz

i'll see so you do it manually or you'll take it to a Professional ?

old thread
but well don't try to repaste if you haven't done it before because some clumsiness can mess things up
getting a cooler is a must