Hello everyone

replicant

Hello,
I am an enthusiast of Alienware machines; an enthusiast with a wallet or small pocket.
I'm building my own Alienware Aurora R4, socket 2011 on a motherboard with X79 chipset.
I already have the motherboard and processor, i7-3960X Extreme Edition; liquid cooling is on the way.
I'm going to install a GTX1050 graphic.
I am looking for inexpensive Alienware components, and I would like to get a different atx box than the one that corresponds to it; I like the Aurora R6 - R7 better, but it is still very expensive.
I also like Alienware Area 51.
So searching the internet, I found this page.
I greet you all, and you can count on me in everything I can help.
My name is Pedro, in English, Peter.

Thanks.

Regards.

MattyB

Welcome. Good luck with your build.
You can use an aftermarket motherboard in the R4 and still have control of the AlienFX lighting but I'm not sure if this is the case with the R5-R10, just in case you wanted more options than what the OEM motherboard gives.

replicant

Thanks.
I am assembling my alienware equipment, step by step, as I buy the pieces.
I would like to be able to mount it on a different atx chassis than the one it comes from the factory, since I like the Aurora R6-R7 chassis better, and I also really like the Area 51 chassis.
I have to go little by little.
I will be making inquiries because I have enough doubts about some motherboards since I have seen that there are many different models, and sometimes two different models for the same socket, as is the case with IPKBL-SC and IPSKL-SC; both motherboards are for socket 1151.
In addition these models are difficult to install in an atx chassis that is not alienware due to the connectors of the Reset button, HDD and Power.