Help! GPU no working in new case!

N1cholas

I moved the components of my x51 to a new case with a larger psu and when I plug my screen into the graphics card nothing happens! The gpu is plugged in as the fan still spins. It only works if I plug my screen into my motherboard.

I moved the components of my x51 to a new case with a larger psu and when I plug my screen into the graphics card nothing happens! The gpu is plugged in as the fan still spins. It only works if I plug my screen into my motherboard.

We need more information..What GPU are you using, and what Power Supply are you using?

ejohnson

Do a power drain on the system. Uplug it, remote cmos battery (little silver coin on motherboard)
Hold down power for 30 seconds.

plug back in and turn it on.

N1cholas

I did what you said and restart the boos and still no responce from the gpu! Could it be broken?

ejohnson

Do you have the correct plug for the psu to the gpu plugged in?

There is one on the psu that looks like the gpu plug, but its actually for the motherboard.

Unplug the power for the gpu and look at the shape of the plastic pins (the plug itself) make sure they match perfect with the plug on the gpu itself.

I see You

Make sure when you plugged your card into your motherboard that you did not bust or break the capacitor that is in the way right in front of the gpu socket, look at that and see you might have pushed to hard i hope not as my card touches this thing, i was aware of it being there when i pushed the card into the pci e slot.

- - - - - Updated; Consecutive Post Auto Merged - - - - -

Op please respond back did you get it fix do you still need help i have mine in a new case with no issues.