Help! I need to find this power -on board for an older Alienware Predator.

splanphear

Everything was working fine until one day pushing the Alien face to power up no longer worked. I removed the front cover and the Alien face assembly, and sprayed contact cleaner on the microswitch that the face pushes on to start the computer. After working the micro plunger on the switch and spraying again...it worked and the computer turned on. This continued to work for three weeks and then it stopped working. Here is the board that I need to replace:

Allen25151

I have these switch boards used and new ones in a box. l Have pulled some boxes from storage but have been busy. As soon as I look thru the boxes I should have one. I will take photo and send photo to confirm what I have.

Allen25151

Hi, Finally unpacked storage box of Alienware parts for 7500 case. Have two head switches. One is a nice clean take out from years ago. Photos of actual board. Used the head on a case. Another is on a harness and button is dead no spring action. I need to repair or replace that one also. My thinking is sell you the good one for $25.00 plus mailing $5.00. If you could return the broken one for future project. I will try to source a switch that might fix these. Slim chance but that would repair my harness for future use. I thought I had more but the parts are the front head and not complete with switches. If your head board was lights working all but the switch, that would be a repair test for future replacements. Thanks

Attachments

splanphear

Great! Price sounds fair. Yes I can send you the old one (yes the lights were working) but I would pay for shipping( USPS Priority) of that , or would the shipping costs cancel each other? How do we facilitate the payment? Send you a cashier's check from my bank? And Where would I send the old one? My address is: Steve Lanphear
4320 Green Leaf Drive
Dodgeville, WI 53533-8961

Thanks so much, Allen!

Allen25151

Hi Steve, I have pay-pal do you? Could send you an invoice. I will mail the switch board in bubble wrap and cardboard in an mailer envelope. You can send the old one back in same package. Just use a new label over old one. Recap for the board $25.00 plus my packing and mailing $5.00. Your return cost should be less and around $3.00 at post office. How does that look? Have it packed and ready. Just need to complete the mailing label here. Thanks, Allen

splanphear

Sounds good... When you send an invoice, is it thru pay-pal? We only use pay-pal if we can use it as a guest without setting up an acct. Does that work?

Allen25151

I don't know about guest. I think it has to be a verified account for transactions. I could put a listing on eBay and get you the listing number. That would cost 10% = $3.00 for the fees. Should work if you want to do it that way.

Allen25151

Hi Steve, I looked on pay-pal it shows; You can request money from anyone with an email or mobile number. If they don’t have a PayPal account, signup is quick and free. Just need your email and if you have used pay pal you should have a bank link or card for payment. Is that what you have done before? An email or phone number is what they show. Check it out and let me know. Thanks

Allen25151

Hi, Home now for lunch. I looked on PP and it appears you just need provide an email that you use for pay-pal or do a quick signup. I enter the email and request the amount. Then send you the board. After you get it just make a new label and send the old one back. I will attempt to find a switch for future. repair.

splanphear

Hi Allen- This graduation season is really busy! What's the next step? I send you the email address that we use for PayPal and then you sned us an invoice, or what?

Steve

Allen25151

Hi Steve, That should work. Will watch for an update from you when you have sent me your email. Thanks, Allen

splanphear

Hi Allen-
Sorry to be so paranoid about this, but we had identity threat 2 years ago and are jumpy about leaving our credit card number on any site, and the Pay Pal thing would require us to start an acct. and would save our credit card number. So, could we do it this way... You send me an invoice to the address I listed earlier, I send you a money order or bank check and when you get it, you send me the part and I return the bad one in the same package??

Allen25151

Ok with me. Will print an invoice and mail it to you. Then send the switch (have it in a mailer already). Should be fine. Note I have been on eBay over 8 years. But that takes 10% and now state tax. I should get the invoice in mail on Tuesday. Thanks, Allen