Help Identify Broken Parts Inside X51 R2

Ducs_Of_Hazzard

Hi There!

I was wondering if anyone could help me identify a couple broken parts that I found rattling around inside the X51 R2 case.

First off I had a local computer shop swap out my Mechanical Hard Drive for a SSD Drive that is mounted in a 2.5" To 3.5" IcyDock Converter. So I think these parts may be the fall out from that mod. They appear to be some sort of suspension stand offs (Best Term I Can Come Up With).

Where I found them was inside the Graphics Card Area so they may be related to it. I noticed that my graphics card had no supports between the card and the bracket the X51 R2 uses at the top end of the card (The End Oposite To Were You Plug The Cables In Outside The Case). Perhaps these 2 items are related to it?

Any Help Is Much Appeciated!
MD

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    621.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

venticore

Those parts seems to be a retainer of some kind they are mostly showing on graphic cards , chipset , and other type of passive or semi passive heat sink.
Check inside your case .

Yida

Hi There!

I was wondering if anyone could help me identify a couple broken parts that I found rattling around inside the X51 R2 case.

First off I had a local computer shop swap out my Mechanical Hard Drive for a SSD Drive that is mounted in a 2.5" To 3.5" IcyDock Converter. So I think these parts may be the fall out from that mod. They appear to be some sort of suspension stand offs (Best Term I Can Come Up With).

Where I found them was inside the Graphics Card Area so they may be related to it. I noticed that my graphics card had no supports between the card and the bracket the X51 R2 uses at the top end of the card (The End Oposite To Were You Plug The Cables In Outside The Case). Perhaps these 2 items are related to it?

Any Help Is Much Appeciated!
MD
Hi, I had the same problem, and I disasembled the X51, it found out the the parts came off from inside of graphic card, use for holding the cooling fin to the graphic card, without those holders, the computer freeze randomly, I used two crew tight the cooling fins back to the graphic chip, and the computer is working normal now.