Help on upgrading GPU....

Saintnowhere

For those that have upgraded their GPU To the 750 ti SC, will you review the below link and confirm this is what you used in your X51?

Also, currently own the I7 with GTX660. For those of you more experienced with PC gaming, would you upgrade to the 750 or will the 660 give me top performance until the new 800 series comes out?

Your advice is much appreciated.

Sorry guys, here is the link I mentioned....

http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Superclo...8-1&keywords=EVGA+GTX+750+Ti+Superclocked+2Gb

That's the same card I put in my x51 about 3 weeks ago and it's worked flawlessly. The nice thing about the evga is that is has a standard size hdmi. I've never used a gtx 660 so I'm not sure if it warrants upgrade. It's hard to beat that card for 150 though. I should mention that I am only using the 240 watt power supply as well

Saintnowhere

That's the same card I put in my x51 about 3 weeks ago and it's worked flawlessly. The nice thing about the evga is that is has a standard size hdmi. I've never used a gtx 660 so I'm not sure if it warrants upgrade. It's hard to beat that card for 150 though. I should mention that I am only using the 240 watt power supply as well

Thanks for the info! Do you. Find that with this card you can run all your games on Ultra? Also, did you see the link I added and can you verify this the card you bought? If not, can you provide a link to what you purchased?

Thanks again!

Animal

The 660 is more powerful than the 750ti. Try to hold out for the 800 series. Should be more powerful and a lot more power effecient.

Saintnowhere

The 660 is more powerful than the 750ti. Try to hold out for the 800 series. Should be more powerful and a lot more power effecient.

Thanks for the info! I didn't realize there was so little difference. I will wait for the 800 series or just go for broke in a few months and get an Aurora so I can put a Titan card in it.

GlasgowDave

I'm planning on getting the 750ti for my x51 R2 with 240 watt PSU. Might upgrade it to a 750ti SC seeing as how there are people having success with it. Was worried if I put the SC in over the standard version it might be drawing to much power.

gator

help got a x51, not os on it, dont have the disks to reinstall, have win7 and win 8, bu will not install, how to reinstall an OS on the hard drive