test

Help with gpu liquid cooling on Aurora R3 (exos system)

shadegrey

So I decided to liquid cool my gtx580 sli setup since my temps were so horrible in sli (95+). I went with the koolance exos external setup and with quick connects. I set one card up since I had to rma the second card due to no IHS to fit my dd-gtx580 water block, the system worked perfect IMO, Great temps, quiet. I really like how the quick connects were easy to manage for no spill issue, as shown in pic below. I have 2 hoses setup up to take out from the back, and 2 hoses internally. This is my first Liquid cooling setup, its a bit messy with the lengths, which I might cut down.

pic 1.jpg

Here is the system working perfect with one card setup.

pic 2.jpg

Now here is were I run into problems. When I hooked up the sli set up, I ran the inlet and outlet from the top like my single card setup.

pic 3.jpg

This yielded very high temps, not functioning properly. I switch the outlet to the bottom, now it doesn't fit at all. I took some pieces apart I found the quick connect wont fit with this power supply in the way.

pic 4.jpg

What I wanted to know is can I run the inlet and outlet from the top like my first attempt if I get another sli barb fitting and run it parallel? or is there a smaller power supply that might fit? ( was thinking of upgrading anyway). My last choice I think is getting some kind of angle barb that has a g 1/4 thread on both sides, kinda like the one I have below.

pic5.jpg

Any help would be great, trying to get this running for my 3x aw2310's

Thanks!

MattyB

Welcome! If you can wait for Holeyguy to come back tomorrow I think he'll be able to help you out.

shadegrey

Welcome! If you can wait for Holeyguy to come back tomorrow I think he'll be able to help you out.

thanks, will do, I spoke with him before in alienware arena, before I started my setup. This seem like a way better community :)

holeyguy66

We're all pretty friendly and laid back around here.
very laid back. since a certain pc was released it brought aslot of unwanted attention to awa. thats the main reason i stopped going there. to many know it alls wanna argue facts they dont even have experiance with. like ther liquid cooling and heating issues in an aurora for triple screen. for example i had a guy with a acer aspire laptop arguing with me on why me liwuid cooling my 6850s wasnt justifiable. if you own a laptop period dont argue about a desktop with some one who has toren theres down to bare chassis just to rebuild it again. and im on my second go round on it this time.

- - - - - Updated; Double Post Auto Merged - - - - -

http://www.alienowners.com/showthread.php/3045-Complete-Noob-Starts-Upgrading-Aurora-R4
thanks, will do, I spoke with him before in alienware arena, before I started my setup. This seem like a way better community :)
i thought i knew the name from some where. glade to see you here man this place is like the modders community for alienware owners. here is a link to another guy doing the exact thing just with 2 690s. i got a bunch of fittingsa im not using at the house ill try and construct one and get back to you on whats best to do. but i think you can get a 90 fitting that threaded instaed of barbed that way you can screw another compression or quick connect in it. but judging by the picture you can take a 90 thats female on one end and use another 90 in it prefurably swivel and turn it around to exit the tubing out the back with out having to make a loop in the line. when i get home ill piece one together and post a pic to show you

i would see if you can fit something like this.

its a bitspower swivel 90. you can screw any fitting into it. i have an ek compression with it here. and yes i know the towel is dirty thats my hookah towel

shadegrey

very laid back. since a certain pc was released it brought aslot of unwanted attention to awa. thats the main reason i stopped going there. to many know it alls wanna argue facts they dont even have experiance with. like ther liquid cooling and heating issues in an aurora for triple screen. for example i had a guy with a acer aspire laptop arguing with me on why me liwuid cooling my 6850s wasnt justifiable. if you own a laptop period dont argue about a desktop with some one who has toren theres down to bare chassis just to rebuild it again. and im on my second go round on it this time.

http://www.alienowners.com/showthread.php/3045-Complete-Noob-Starts-Upgrading-Aurora-R4i thought i knew the name from some where. glade to see you here man this place is like the modders community for alienware owners. here is a link to another guy doing the exact thing just with 2 690s. i got a bunch of fittingsa im not using at the house ill try and construct one and get back to you on whats best to do. but i think you can get a 90 fitting that threaded instaed of barbed that way you can screw another compression or quick connect in it. but judging by the picture you can take a 90 thats female on one end and use another 90 in it prefurably swivel and turn it around to exit the tubing out the back with out having to make a loop in the line. when i get home ill piece one together and post a pic to show you

i would see if you can fit something like this.

its a bitspower swivel 90. you can screw any fitting into it. i have an ek compression with it here. and yes i know the towel is dirty thats my hookah towel

Hey, thanks for the quick reply. Just browsing through the forum I could already tell the difference from awa. I found awa doesn't really have much Alienware owners but more of people getting the keys and league infos. With that I found all you get is more opinions then actual help form non owners.

So I went ahead and ordered a 90 degree adapter, this seems to be the best fix without having to change much. It will still be pretty cramped with the quick connect. Since I have the exit female quick connect towards the back, it will be a little tricky getting the loop through.

For the parallel series can the out let and in let be at the top or vice versa? I would like to have it at the top since it would be easier to connect/disconnect lines. Again thanks a lot for the help, the links. Trying to get this bad boy running.