Help with msata ssd installation?

themanwithaplan

So i have an x51 r2 with an i5 4430 330 watt PSU, gtx 960 and a wifi card, after doing some research i came to find out that apparently one could install an msata ssd in place of the wifi card, but im really confused because i haven't seen too many accounts of this anywhere, the one thing that i saw was a thread on this forum where the guy bought an msata ssd, it didnt get detected by his system, some people suggested other ways to go about doing it, and the thread just went dead, I really want to avoid installing a normal 2.5 inch sata ssd if at all possible and would like to go the msata route by removing the wi-fi card, can you guys point me in the right direction, will it work? will my system detect it? and i can simply install it in place of the wifi card right? i've seen some posts about this on the dell forums, and the technical support guys say it is possible to install it, but even then i would like to know first hand what to look out for from someone here who's don it, any suggestions/help?