test

Help with new graphics card

miken22

Hey everyone, I've had my R4 for just under a year and it's been awesome. I took out the stock card right away and replaced it with my own GTX 560Ti and everything has been running great. I recently picked up a GTX 670 Windforce from Gigabyte, but when I put it in and tried to log in the screen stays black and won't go any further. I switched back to the 560Ti and have the same issue now. I'm able to log in using safe mode on the 560 and 670, removed all the old drivers and installed the new one, but still no luck. Any ideas?

yikes81

Is there Ann onboard graphics card that may have activated?

Sent via Tapatalk

miken22

I saw that it was possible for there to be an internal graphics card that could cause this problem, however after going through the bios there are no options regarding that for my cpu (i7-3820). I did get it working though, I had to do a system restore before the last Window's update, removed everything and mounted the new card and everything is working great! I'm not sure if the two were actually related but it seems to have fixed my problem. What game to try first....

Edit: Also curious if anyone has ever tried/found an easy way to get rid of the GPU cover from inside the case? (preferably without taking off the rad from the CPU cooler)

Last edited: