test

Hey guys just ordered the Alienware 17 R2, and I got a couple of questions

DanMaloney66

Hi, I've ordered myself a new Alienware 17 R2 (the 970m model), after a four month old MSI GS60 Ghost Pro at the same price with inferior specs (and Alienware is the overpriced one? Hmm...) it broke down, and I decided that it was time to fulfil a dream of mine and get myself a shiny new Alienware Laptop.

I have a couple of questions, as a soon to be new Alienware owner, and I would love if people who know any or all of the answers could help me.

1) My order status is currently in "pre-production", roughly how long is this stage, and how accurate are the estimated delivery dates?
2) How well can this laptop run AC: Unity? I hate the game, but it's the definition of poor optimization and if it can run that well, it can run anything.
3) Any fellow Oculus Rift owners here? If so, how well can the 970m handle gaming with the rift. My 860m MSI struggled pushing above 30 and made me very motion sick.
4) Finally...are they really that gorgeous in person? :D

Hi, I've ordered myself a new Alienware 17 R2 (the 970m model), after a four month old MSI GS60 Ghost Pro at the same price with inferior specs (and Alienware is the overpriced one? Hmm...) it broke down, and I decided that it was time to fulfil a dream of mine and get myself a shiny new Alienware Laptop.

I have a couple of questions, as a soon to be new Alienware owner, and I would love if people who know any or all of the answers could help me.

1) My order status is currently in "pre-production", roughly how long is this stage, and how accurate are the estimated delivery dates?
2) How well can this laptop run AC: Unity? I hate the game, but it's the definition of poor optimization and if it can run that well, it can run anything.
3) Any fellow Oculus Rift owners here? If so, how well can the 970m handle gaming with the rift. My 860m MSI struggled pushing above 30 and made me very motion sick.
4) Finally...are they really that gorgeous in person? :D

1) The time it takes to be built depends on many things. The dates are a very "rough" estimate. I got mine 2 weeks earlier than estimated.

2) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425859522.345144.jpg

3) Gtx-970m is far more powerful than the 860m.

4) YES!!!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425859749.524345.jpg

naomi618

Hi guys! does any of you experienced the overheating issues on Alienware 17 r2 2015?

naomi618

Any advise? Soon to be owner of AW17 r2 here. Just waiting for my package to be delivered.

naomi618

I wish i could. Btw does this have some pre installed alienware themes? Sorry for all the noob questions. This is my first time owning a hell of a laptop.