test

Hey guys really need some help!!

Saintnowhere

I'm running Windows 7 on my X51. I have it running through a 46 inch bravia. For some weird reason, some of the programs I open are bouncing off the screen. This is hard to describe, but I can open a program and in it's minimized state you can see it on the tool bar, typical Windows 7, right?

But, if I try to maximize it to work in it shoots off the right side of my screen and I can't get it to work. Have tried everything I can think of and nothing works...help, please???

yikes81

Right click on the tab in the taskbar, select move, use the cursors to go left/right until you get it back onscreen.

Or

Click the icon in the taskbar to ensure that the program has focus. Then hold down the Windows key and press the left/right-arrow a few times.

Sent via Tapatalk

Last edited:

Saintnowhere

Yikes, you have done it again! That was all that was needed here. Everything is back to normal and I'm good to go. You guys are all really fantastic and helpful! Love this forum!

Saintnowhere

Hey guys, unbelievable turn of events. First, let me say I work with PCs and play with them, but I don't consider myself a techie guy. I assumed that when Dell sent me my Alienware they had all the latest drivers. Wrong....

About ten minutes ago I was playing with my Nividia settings and found an option to install new drivers. What the heck, right? I downloaded it and then fired up both my newest shooters, Aliens CM and Crysis 3....long story short my mind is blown!

That one driver update has fixed every problem and I can run Crysis 3 on the highest settings for ALL options and the frame rate is rock solid between 40-45. This is full 1080p and it is stunning.

Guys, go update your drivers right now and your problems may be solved!

MattyB

I had the same thing happen when I got my first AW. I was very new at this sort of stuff so I just assumed everything was up to date. I was getting major crashes while playing BF3 and it was seriously pissing me off. After weeks of frustration I found out that my Nvidia driver was 9 months out of date! I updated it straight away and it solved everything!

yikes81

They probably have a build image that they may update every 3 months at the most when they are building orders. And anywhere from shipping date, nvidia can update drivers. It's extremely rare that any machine shipped out to you will have all the latest drivers.

Sent via Tapatalk

MattyB

Yes. I know that now! :D

There was never a noobier noob than me 12 months ago! I probably know about 5% of stuff now! :p

yikes81

Lol. That was your comment???

I was tired this morning, and thought that it was one of the new guys's comments... LOL.

Sent via Tapatalk