test

How is it suddenly....

Saintnowhere

Seems like nearly everyone on the site who has placed their order recently has received theirs early, but now Dell has suddenly experienced a part shortage and doesn't know when they can get me my order???? Kind of strange that they didn't tell me about this shortage when I was ordering. I had a weird gut feeling that I shouldn't have trusted Dell, but I gave them a shot. Caveat emptor I guess.

This happen to anyone else who ordered theirs in the US in the last week?

Maelstrom

This is probably a one time issue. My entire family has been ordering from Dell for years and we've never had any problems with the shipment process. It could be that they are having issues with their part supplier or they are having production issues. You can't really put a bad rap because they had some delays for a short time.

They're only human after all :)

Saintnowhere

This is probably a one time issue. My entire family has been ordering from Dell for years and we've never had any problems with the shipment process. It could be that they are having issues with their part supplier or they are having production issues. You can't really put a bad rap because they had some delays for a short time.

They're only human after all :)

Sure, that part I get. But, you can't tell me they just found out about the shortage in the last couple of hours. They had no plan to tell me of the shortage. It just so happens we were chatting with their customer service and it was "oh, by the way..." For fifteen hundred bucks, I expect a bit more service. Don't wait until the thing is in production, when I have no option to cancel my order, to tell me that we can't get it to you and have no idea when this will be resolved. Be more engaged with your customer throughout the process and let them know before hand so they have a choice.

yikes81

I had the same problem when ordering my M17x. There was a shortage of GPUs. I only found out after the estimated delivery time expired. I called up to complain that they didn't notify me at all, and that this was unacceptable. I paid about $3000 for a machine, so a little service is expected. I demanded some kind of compensation. A freebie or a discount off the order.

So they said I can have anything off the website to the value of $50. So I ordered the Everki backpack for the laptop, and it was sent out to me separately.

All in all I was happy again.

Sent via Tapatalk

Saintnowhere

I had the same problem when ordering my M17x. There was a shortage of GPUs. I only found out after the estimated delivery time expired. I called up to complain that they didn't notify me at all, and that this was unacceptable. I paid about $3000 for a machine, so a little service is expected. I demanded some kind of compensation. A freebie or a discount off the order.

So they said I can have anything off the website to the value of $50. So I ordered the Everki backpack for the laptop, and it was sent out to me separately.

All in all I was happy again.

Sent via Tapatalk

Yikes, can you tell me how long after the initial delay it took them to finally get it to you?

yikes81

As soon as the part came in. I think it was about another 2 weeks.

Sent via Tapatalk

Saintnowhere

And yet this story continues to twist. Last night I received an email that my order has in fact shipped and will arrive Monday. They didn't even charge me for overnight shipping. Not sure why they thought this was going to be delayed, but I give them their due. They got it out the door on time and free overnight shipping...that is the kind of service I appreciate. Great job Dell.

MattyB

That's great news! Let's hope this wasn't some HUGE mix-up and you get it nice and early on Monday.