How Many Different Langauges Do You Know?

WaLkAwaY

Title pretty much says it all. That would include even understanding a little bit of language that is not yours, for like basic functioning in a foreign country. Include how you know it written/understanding/spoken.

The only other language I know besides English, is teh language of violence!

AeonSoul

Well my first language is Italian obviously, then I like to thin I'm pretty fluent in english, or at lest I can write/speak it in a pretty understandable way, then I understand a little bit of Spanish, due to some similitudes with italian.

Dantheman221

I was raised a small russian boy who knew english just as good :D I speak english better than russian though... I also know ukrainian and spanish :)

Eirreann

Oookay, let's think here.

I know English better than anything, of course, being raised in British-occupied Botswana, Arica, then the UK, and now the US. I also know Latin (school forced it into me...), Scottish Gaelic, a liiiiiiiiiittttle bit of German, some of Tolkien's Elvish, and Na'vi (yes, from the movie Avatar... I'm a hopeless fanboy, okay!)

Dantheman221

Oookay, let's think here.

I know English better than anything, of course, being raised in British-occupied Botswana, Arica, then the UK, and now the US. I also know Latin (school forced it into me...), Scottish Gaelic, a liiiiiiiiiittttle bit of German, some of Tolkien's Elvish, and Na'vi (yes, from the movie Avatar... I'm a hopeless fanboy, okay!)
latin? You dont like latin? You can cast spells and stuff now! :D

dnvr.dsz

For Me There Are So Many Weird Languages Which I Don't Think You've Even Heard Of Like "Tamil, Telugu,Konkkani,Kannada,Tulu" Besides That I Know Hindi (Being National Language) And I'm Learning French At College Now And I'm Pretty Good At English :p

Eirreann

For Me There Are So Many Weird Languages Which I Don't Think You've Even Heard Of Like "Tamil, Telugu,Konkkani,Kannada,Tulu" Besides That I Know Hindi (Being National Language) And I'm Learning French At College Now And I'm Pretty Good At English :p
Haha! I envy you for knowing so many (even if it is almost a necessity in your county...)

RoBi1475

There are almost 6,000 human languages in existence, give or take depending on who you ask. Of those 6,000 I have attempted to learn 2 besides my native language. I can currently only speak English.

VagrantXeth

I speak english and spanish (spanish was my native language growing up). I managed to learn english on my own when neighbors moved in who did not speak spanish, my friend in turn learned how to speak spanish.

dnvr.dsz

Haha! I envy you for knowing so many (even if it is almost a necessity in your county...)
But Whatever Language I Know Are Of A Waste I Can't Speak In Any Of The Native Language With A Foreigner lol... Its Just Used As Medium Of Communication Over The State (Not Even The Country) So Basically Almost All The Languages I Know Are Not Useful

Eirreann

But Whatever Language I Know Are Of A Waste I Can't Speak In Any Of The Native Language With A Foreigner lol... Its Just Used As Medium Of Communication Over The State (Not Even The Country) So Basically Almost All The Languages I Know Are Not Useful
Oh.... well that's unfortunate.
I still think that it's cool though.

wilbymilstone

English is my primary language.

I know some Spanish (Read and speak), and some German (Speak and read). Neither are fluent but I can figure them out.

lozz21

Well the only languages I can speak fluently is english/cantonese, some french little spanish

here in India every state (there are 28 + some other territories) has its own state language, and on top of that each of those language have different "versions"
There is the national (not officially but considered and major spoken apart from english) called Hindi.
First language is (derived mainly from British and has of India's own) English. There are 12 officially recognized versions of English UK and US being universal and proud to say there is Indian English :D
As for me I'm from a majorly english and native language called Tamil speaking family :)

yeah I know it can be havoc for so many languages, but one of those "cultural" aspects Indians are proud of :)