How Many Different Langauges Do You Know?

WaLkAwaY

Feb 4, 2012
Earth
Title pretty much says it all. That would include even understanding a little bit of language that is not yours, for like basic functioning in a foreign country. Include how you know it written/understanding/spoken.

The only other language I know besides English, is teh language of violence!
2gunsfiring_v1.gif

AeonSoul

Feb 21, 2012
Italy
Well my first language is Italian obviously, then I like to thin I'm pretty fluent in english, or at lest I can write/speak it in a pretty understandable way, then I understand a little bit of Spanish, due to some similitudes with italian.

Oookay, let's think here.

I know English better than anything, of course, being raised in British-occupied Botswana, Arica, then the UK, and now the US. I also know Latin (school forced it into me...), Scottish Gaelic, a liiiiiiiiiittttle bit of German, some of Tolkien's Elvish, and Na'vi (yes, from the movie Avatar... I'm a hopeless fanboy, okay!)

Oookay, let's think here.

I know English better than anything, of course, being raised in British-occupied Botswana, Arica, then the UK, and now the US. I also know Latin (school forced it into me...), Scottish Gaelic, a liiiiiiiiiittttle bit of German, some of Tolkien's Elvish, and Na'vi (yes, from the movie Avatar... I'm a hopeless fanboy, okay!)

latin? You dont like latin? You can cast spells and stuff now! :D

here in India every state (there are 28 + some other territories) has its own state language, and on top of that each of those language have different "versions"
There is the national (not officially but considered and major spoken apart from english) called Hindi.
First language is (derived mainly from British and has of India's own) English. There are 12 officially recognized versions of English UK and US being universal and proud to say there is Indian English :D
As for me I'm from a majorly english and native language called Tamil speaking family :)

yeah I know it can be havoc for so many languages, but one of those "cultural" aspects Indians are proud of :)